Defroster Hoses

-

Shane

Reaction score
I finally got the heater working in my car, but I have only one of those hoses that go up to the defroster inputs on the dash, and its in rough shape.

Anyone know where to get them?

Or what to use instead of them?

Thanks!

Shane

Shane

I wonder if that aluminum flex tubing for dryer vents would work.

I've seen that smaller dia., about 2" or there abouts???? Try Rona or Home Depot???

Worth a shot.

Jim

Here's my take on them. You can buy new and be done with it (don't forget the attaching clips) or make your own.

The ducts themselves are 2.5” in diameter. One outlet on the heater box is 2” and the other is about 2.25”. So, I ordered some 2“ and 2.5” duct hose from Nostalgic Air Parts who sells hose by the foot along with their 2” to 2.5” adaptor. I attached a piece of 2.5” directly to one of the ducts in the dash. I then attached a short piece of 2.5” hose to the other duct, followed by the reducer, and then the length of 2” hose.

The nice thing is, the 2” hose fits on the heater box outlet snugly, and the 2.5” hose fits the slightly smaller outlet with enough interference that it would probably stay on by itself. A zip tie will secure it for sure.

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/ac/duct-hose-and-vents-4.php

They have whole sets on ebay as well if your interested. Thats where I got mine and they were affordable and great parts.

I was just checking ebay for hoses and didn't see any kits except one for 109 bucks. I just need the hoses for now even though the vents are crap. Am I missing them?

Shane

I wonder if that aluminum flex tubing for dryer vents would work.

I've seen that smaller dia., about 2" or there abouts???? Try Rona or Home Depot???

Worth a shot.

Jim

ive been to home depot for it before and nothing...i guess i will try again

Thanks alot guys!!

I gotta swing by lowes anyways, so I will have a look.

70Duster440, if I dont find them there your option looks very good!

thanks again

Shane

Duster 440: I appreciate you listing this. Have been looking all over for the correct hoses and this is as close as I can get. And even less than $10.00!

A340[

quote=70Duster440;514300]Here's my take on them. You can buy new and be done with it (don't forget the attaching clips) or make your own.

The ducts themselves are 2.5” in diameter. One outlet on the heater box is 2” and the other is about 2.25”. So, I ordered some 2“ and 2.5” duct hose from Nostalgic Air Parts who sells hose by the foot along with their 2” to 2.5” adaptor. I attached a piece of 2.5” directly to one of the ducts in the dash. I then attached a short piece of 2.5” hose to the other duct, followed by the reducer, and then the length of 2” hose.

The nice thing is, the 2” hose fits on the heater box outlet snugly, and the 2.5” hose fits the slightly smaller outlet with enough interference that it would probably stay on by itself. A zip tie will secure it for sure.

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/ac/duct-hose-and-vents-4.php[/quote]

-
Back