Defroster vent

-

Petrilloa

Reaction score
i would like to replace a defroster vent on my 62 valiant. Is there any way to remove the broken one and install the replacement without taking the dash out?

Yes it can be done but you may have to remove the radio

The radio is out. I can reach the old vent but it is attached from the top with two screws which are hidden below the windshield rubber seal. The two screws cannot be reached with a straight screw driver. Will have to make my own specialty tool. Thanks for your response.

I can do it on a early barracuda, but not sure on a 62 valiant

Just about everything about the heater-defog system on a '60-'62 Valiant/Lancer requires extensive dashboard disassembly. Exceptions are the blower motor, heater core, and heater valve.

Just about everything about the heater-defog system on a '60-'62 Valiant/Lancer requires extensive dashboard disassembly. Exceptions are the blower motor, heater core, and heater valve.
That's what I am finding out. If I can create at tool to get to the two screws under the windshield rubber seal, I'll be in business. Thanks for your reply

If I remember correctly, I removed the glove box and the gage assembly and went in that way. Good luck

-
Back