Del FINALLY passes up a mini white whale!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Noticed this today, bad engine, repo, they claim "it looks sharp." About 50 mi away. But it has the newer V6 based on the 4.7 rather than the older magnum, so I have "nothing" that will interchange with all the junk I got. Not sure I'd want to morph the 3.9 into this, seems like lots of stuff not compatible. Don't even know if the transmission would bolt up?

2005 Dodge Dakota

2005 Dodge Dakota Truck. Super sharp looking.... needs a new engine.... This is a repossession vehicle at Sandpoint Title Loans and is sold as is. If you have the time and the know-how, this would make a super nice truck!! Come take a look at

RepoDakota.jpg

That’s a no brainer. Buy buy buy!!!!

Jake

What are you wating for ...... cobble something together for it ...

I've seen some of those 3.7 v6/4.7 v8 tear downs, and rebuilds on the net, and they are very complex(some might say unnecessarily complex). Though not beyond the skill set of most FABO engine builders, it would have to be incredibly clean, loaded, and cheap (or better, free) before I'd bring one of them home to fix.

I've seen some of those 3.7 v6/4.7 v8 tear downs, and rebuilds on the net, and they are very complex(some might say unnecessarily complex). Though not beyond the skill set of most FABO engine builders, it would have to be incredibly clean, loaded, and cheap (or better, free) before I'd bring one of them home to fix.

THIS is more like I'm thinkin.................

those engines are very sensitive to low coolant, low oil levels. If either occurs it can have pretty catastrophic(expensive) effects.

I'm gonna pass. Thought it over. Let's say I can't talk them down, drag it home for the asking price. Let's say I score an "OK" junky engine for 500. "Seems OK". WHAT IF the transmission, front axle, transfer case are bunged up? Plus this thing is on the road to 300K. Too much gamble in my book

Now, if I could get it for about A THIRD of that price...................

-
Back