Del sure is tempted and I don't know why

-
My neighbor has like 6 of them(regular bed not short). One is pretty nice but hasn't moved in over 12 years. I had a 78 short bed 351 modified 4 speed. And a 76 long bed 390 3 on the tree 2wd. I never have cared for fords much but I do like pre 80s trucks and 68 and 69 fairlane/torinos.
Oh I forgot about the 67 galaxy 500 I had. I didnt keep it long wish I would have kept it longer it was super clean in and out. And had a 460 big block

I want to do a 68 fairlane notchback. With a 428 cobrajet.
Or the a mercury comet.
I love those thunder bolts tho. The 427 was a bad mamma jamma

I've got a 65 flat bed ford, PTO front and rear, 460 4x4 sitting in the weeds at my folks house. She's a LONG term project....

First truck I ever got stuck in the back 40 and had to walk home in the rain. She got a special place in my heart.

Last edited:
And it has the optional Super Buddy seat.

00c0c_lgl4vmq0to6_1200x900-jpg.jpg

A man with many projects with none done. lol

A man with many projects with none done. lol

Yeh I get "wound up." "WE" thought "we" had the estate sold this summer which would have resulted in "a bit more money." Turns out the "buyer" was two brothers and they had an argument just a couple of days before closing. Sucks

Some of them are "done" I have a workable 3/4T that runs and drives OK, and the Dakota is OK for now. But lack of money, old age, and physical ailments has REALLY slowed me down. A LOT. And now "the ribs" thing. And that is "just beginning" so to speak. The doc that saw me Thurs said "she had had patients that were a year before they were pain free." Oh, THANKS!!

My neighbor has like 6 of them(regular bed not short). One is pretty nice but hasn't moved in over 12 years. I had a 78 short bed 351 modified 4 speed. And a 76 long bed 390 3 on the tree 2wd. I never have cared for fords much but I do like pre 80s trucks and 68 and 69 fairlane/torinos.
My first vehicle that I still own and drive 72 F100 390, 3speed. Have a 68 Torino fastback 390 4 speed car, still need to go back and get the 68 RR from the guy. Also have a 68 Fairlane 500 Formal roof you commented on in you other post Dartfreak75. But working on the Dart and Coronet at the moment so no lovin for the moment for the Fords.

My first vehicle that I still own and drive 72 F100 390, 3speed. Have a 68 Torino fastback 390 4 speed car, still need to go back and get the 68 RR from the guy. Also have a 68 Fairlane 500 Formal roof you commented on in you other post Dartfreak75. But working on the Dart and Coronet at the moment so no lovin for the moment for the Fords.
My best friend is (was) a Ford guy so I got here all about about them lol I learned quite a bit he was into fairlane/torinos mostly he had 6 of them. He has a 4 door torino 289 1969 parts car. He had 2 69 formal (notch back) one of them was a 428 cobra jet r code the other was a 289 parts car. He had a 2 69 fast back torinos one was a numbers matching 428 cobra jet the the other was a 390 car. The 428 was rusted to the ground almost but ran and drove it actually ran really strong considering the condition of the car. It was a donor for the 390 car. Then he had his pride and joy an all original survivor 68 fairlane fast back 428 r code with 28000 miles it was completely original and looked like you just bought it new. The only thing on the car we couldn't find that wasnt on it the day it was bought was the oil,oil filter and air filter. Still had the original tires. Unfortunately we went our separate ways around 5 years ago he was my drinking buddy and when I decided to get sober I guess I wasnt as fun anymore. Its unfortunate we where best friends for over 15 years he was my best man in my wedding and I was his we where at the hospitals when our first child was born. Last time I talked to him I heard he went thru a divorce and sold all of them except the survivor. I'm not sure if he still has it now or not.

-
Back