A-body Freak
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I'm desparately hunting for the following parts for my Demon 340

1) Hood - prefer a fresh air hood with scoops, but will take a standard
2) Carter Thermoquad that will fit on a 1973 340 cast iron intake - looking for part # 3512820 (4972) if possible but will take anything that will work.
3) vinyl top trim
4) A833 4sp tranny and bellhousing
5) original 4sp shifter and linkage
6) a set of 14x5.5 SBP Rallye wheels
7) headliner bows
8) nice front grille
9) taillight lenses
10) 340 oil pan
11) 340 windage tray
13) 340 HP exhaust manifolds
14) 340 valve covers
15) 340 air cleaner
16) 340 oil filter elbow
17) Radiator
18) Engine fan
19) Fan shroud
20) Alternator bracket set
21) 340 timing chain cover
22) 340 spark plug wire heat shield

Please contact me if you have any of these parts and provide price. I am in Cedar Creek, TX near Austin.

Thanks,

Eric

got the thermoquad, might have lenses, have access to the shifter and the 4-speed friend has these. got oil pan too

I have the hood, grille, and a complete 4 speed set-up out of a 71 demon. PM me if interested.

I have the driver's side exhaust manifold.

001.jpg

Guys the car I'm restoring is a 71 if this makes any difference

Thanks

Eric

I'm desparately hunting for the following parts for my Demon 340

1) Hood - prefer a fresh air hood with scoops, but will take a standard
2) Carter Thermoquad that will fit on a 1973 340 cast iron intake - looking for part # 3512820 (4972) if possible but will take anything that will work.
3) vinyl top trim
4) A833 4sp tranny and bellhousing
5) original 4sp shifter and linkage
6) a set of 14x5.5 SBP Rallye wheels
7) headliner bows
8) nice front grille
9) taillight lenses
10) 340 oil pan
11) 340 windage tray
13) 340 HP exhaust manifolds
14) 340 valve covers
15) 340 air cleaner
16) 340 oil filter elbow
17) Radiator
18) Engine fan
19) Fan shroud
20) Alternator bracket set
21) 340 timing chain cover
22) 340 spark plug wire heat shield

Please contact me if you have any of these parts and provide price. I am in Cedar Creek, TX near Austin.

Thanks,

Eric
Your best bet is to buy a running donor car!It doesn,t matter if the body is completely rotted.Buying many little parts will add$$ up fast!I bought a 73 Swinger 318 donar car,bought it just for the disc. brake setup and sold everything else!You might want to look for a complete car and strip it.It,ll save you in the long run.My 2 cents

73 dart special 010.jpg

56.jpg

Yeah I know, but who out there is willing to let something like this go assuming that its even available.

Eric

Your best bet is to buy a running donor car!It doesn,t matter if the body is completely rotted.Buying many little parts will add$$ up fast!I bought a 73 Swinger 318 donar car,bought it just for the disc. brake setup and sold everything else!You might want to look for a complete car and strip it.It,ll save you in the long run.My 2 cents

Yeah I know, but who out there is willing to let something like this go assuming that its even available.

Eric
Start searching for a donor in the forums.Buying pieces seperate will cost $$$.If you find a 340 donor car that,s rotted,you,ll aslo get many extras(parts)Check with C-stripes,he has one for sale cheap now!Also doesn,t have to be a Demon for most parts.Duster maybe?

Most of the parts needed for the engine can come from a 318 or 360 from most any Mopar of most any year (timing cover, valve covers, oil pan, fan, alternator brackets can all come from a 318/360). The Thermoquad is not intake specific, ie any thermoquad will fit a 4 barrel thermoquad intake from 71 and up. Taillight lenses-71-72 Demon, Grille-70-71 Dart/Demon, Hood-70-72 Dart/Demon, vinyl top trim-70-76 Demon/Duster/Dart Sport(Do you need the half or full vinyl top trim)

A 70-71 318 Dart and a 70-76 Duster/Dart Sport will give you a lot of parts you need and the rest can be found new or on Ebay.

Joe

Thanks to Bubba C and badlilred79, I now have a 90 degree oil filter adaptor and a set of 340 HP exhaust maniforlds. Still waiting for some guys to get back with me with pics and prices. Items I still need are:

1) Hood - prefer a fresh air hood with scoops, but will take a standard (72Swinger360 and crackedback might help me out if they can get over the aspect of crating and shipping the hood; Hemillama has a hood but is asking $300 - guys is that too much for a standard hood?
2) Carter Thermoquad that will fit on a 1973 date coded 340 cast iron intake - looking for part # 3512820 (4972) if possible but will take anything that will work. (EL5Demon340 has offered a 4972 thermo for $375 - is that going rate for a buildable core?
3) vinyl top trim (crackedback has offered vinyl top trim and says he has pics on in his recent auction but I cant find them - cracked help me out!)
4) A833 4sp tranny and bellhousing (several people who have replied to this thread and I'm waiting on pics and prices
5) Flywheel
6) original 4sp shifter and linkage (same comment at #4)
7) a set of 14x5.5 SBP Rallye wheels
8) headliner bows
9) nice front grille
10) taillight lenses
11) 340 oil pan
12) 340 windage tray
13) 340 valve covers
14) 340 air cleaner (EL5Demon340 has responded and I'm waiting on pics)
15) Radiator (EL5Demon340 has responded and Im waiting on pics, description and price)
16) Engine fan
17) Fan shroud
18) Alternator bracket set
19) 340 timing chain cover (EL5Demon340 and GTXperience have responded and I'm waiting for pics)
20) 340 spark plug wire heat shield

Lotta good advice on a donar car. Anyone have one to offer up thats close by Texas or is comming down to Texas anytime soon?

Thanks,

Eric

the fan shrounds can be bought new

There are serious QC issues with the repro shrouds. They WARP from normal engine compartment operating temps. Been there, done that. Very thin material, not like the repro they make for the 26" radiators.

Sounds like you will be better off if you start with a better car to begin with. You're fixin to soak a bunch of money in a project. Maybe start with a better unit unless it's a car your dad or grandma bought new.
Small Block

Eric,

I have the engine fan, Part # 2863215, the oil pan and the windge tray. The oil pan and windage tray are too dirty right now to get part numbers from. I can try to get them cleaned up over the next few days if you need them. I'd like $50 plus shipping (OBO) for everything. I believe all parts are from a 1970 340 engine.

$300 seems like a lot for the standard hood...I'll let go of a flat black one with attached OEM scoops for that much. PM if interested, but shipping from Sacramento will kill you. My hood is from a 1970 Dart, but it will fit a 71 Demon. I have the orignal EL5 hood, so I will be putting it back on my car when I sell the current one.

Jim

hood scoop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back