demon body lines

-

lilhows340

Reaction score
hey every one having an issue with the rear center body line of my 72 demon. does anyone know if it curves over the rear wheel well or is it straight. thanks Jeff:dontknow:

Its kinda curvey through there. It comes out and slightly arches. Its a mother to sand

hey every one having an issue with the rear center body line of my 72 demon. does anyone know if it curves over the rear wheel well or is it straight. thanks Jeff:dontknow:
Hey, the center line is striaght..here is a pic of mine for reference.
If you are using body filler to fix it get some 1/2 3m painters tape and use it as a guide line to sand up to and re position it to sand down too, apply the tape from end to end of the quarter panel that will give you the best guide. Good luck :p

Attachments

• demon july 002.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 212
Then you need to find a new body man. They also have what looks like a dent behind the door where it makes the the transition for the outward bow for the wider quarters that the darts and scamps don't have. I have been doing these cars for a long time.

Thanks is it the same for the duster my body man is having difficultly with it.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF0128.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF0090.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 189
Its kinda curvey through there.

Hey, the center line is striaght
I'll say that the correct answer is: it's not really straight from the factory, but it should be. Just like the dent behind the door that Oldmanmopar mentions- it shouldn't really be there, but it is.
To look 'perfect', the line should be straight, and the quarter panel at the very front should be nice and smooth, and match the body line of the door.
To look original, not so much:D

the tape will definately help your lines. i went thru a lot on my demon.
top picks my 72
bottom pick is another members

Attachments

• 102_2497.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Demon%20Exterior14.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 131
First off my body man is very good at his job. This issue started because he had just finished a duster and made that line straight. My demon is from New Mexico and only had a little rust at bottom of rear quarter. It looks like it was damaged at one time left front, splash guard was plastic on that side and fender tag is missing, but rest of car was in original paint unless the desert blasted off a coat or two. So after blocking out car final prime and sand to original lines that there was a bow on that line so he checked the other side and found it to be exactly the same.

the line looks straight if you are looking at the side of the car straight on. but if put your head at the back of the car and look down the side....it bows out a little and back in at the front by the door. and has a very subtle arch to it. it was my least favorite line to do on mine.. lol.

the line looks straight if you are looking at the side of the car straight on. but if put your head at the back of the car and look down the side....it bows out a little and back in at the front by the door. and has a very subtle arch to it. it was my least favorite line to do on mine.. lol.
I second that..well put. :thumbrig:

-
Back