Demon Carb Mods

-

72Dart360

Reaction score
I have a Mighty 650 on my 365 ported edel heads, comp solid cam 252-550, 3500 stall, 3.91. It seems to me that this engine needs a little more air/fuel. Is it possible for me to change a few parts such as the venturi, high speed air bleed, and booster to make it flow like a 750. BG's website has a page that shows spec's and there are only a few differences between a 650 and 750 mighty.

The Mighty 650 doesn't have replaceable venturis or boosters, sorry bud. You could always give it me though and buy a Mighty 750. LOL!

All kidding aside, your combo could make use of more carb. BG has the new annular booster 750 and 800 cfm carbs out now. Here's the link: http://www.barrygrant.com/news/articles/products/product_002.aspx

They should combine the throttle response you already have with the top end you feel you're missing.

You can port a carb, if you know what you are doing. This could yield extra CFM's for you. Or better yet, just buy a bigger carb. I'd recommend the 850 Speed Demon.

The naysayers will chime in with That's Too Big but remember the Thermo Quad was even bigger then that and it was put on stock engines.

-
Back