Demon conversion question! (Another)

-

Agent_Orange

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the duster to demon conversion with a 67-69 dart front end???

i never thought of that ....i should try it because i have a demon and a spare 68 dart front end.

i think the 68 front end will look too boxy on the rounded back half of the car......but you never know.....it might look ok

If you are trying to "create" a Demon why use a "foreign" front end?

I don't think I would use the word foreign. A demon is a duster with a dart front clip. I'm asking if anyone has used an earlier dart clip

I think it would look good. I mean, really, it's not a completely different looking front end compared to the earlier duster front end.

Just to compare apples to apples I used a picture of a Scamp, but you can see what I mean. Marker lights wouldn't match, but then again, they didn't on the Demon's either...

Attachments

• 68:71.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 348
Here it is...

http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33926&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=brothers+74+duster&start=45

IMG_1075sm.jpg

IMG_1072sm.jpg

Kinda what I thought. Not nearly as different looking as you might think. Grille and headlights will set it apart a little, but I still don't think it will look out of place or anything.

I actually thought about putting a '67 or '68 Valiant front end on my '74 Duster. Something a little different. But I like the '71 Dart front clip too much, so I'm sticking with just a standard Demon tribute. The Valiant grille would look cool too though...

1210phr-10%2B1968-plymouth-valiant%2Bfront-right.jpg

I was thinking about going this route. But just got a line on a running 72 valiant with a perfect front end and really nice shark tooth grill for under a grand

Hate to revive a dead thread, but this is what it will look like finished. This guy used the stock 75 fenders just changed the hood, hood latch assy, and grille and bumper. I am currently doing the same on my 74 Dart sport. I never liked the "beak" on the front end and think this looks good. I am encountering an issue of the head lights are too far inward to accommodate the headlight bezels. they fit very snugly against the grill. I plan to remove the spot welds and re-weld in the correct place.

IMG_145771570673677.jpeg

-
Back