Demon goes wrong way up

-

CanadianGT

Reaction score
I should have posted about a dodge demon(dart) that is racing out at our local circle track a while back but didn't anyways, Everyone said there was no way it could be as fast as the common 76-81 camaros that run the track but it was running .1 of a second behind the fastest car out on the track. the thing handles beautifully and with the 340 thats in it has the ability to wind up the rpms fast and makes good hp within the class rules. unfortunatly... Last night it suffered a pretty bad crash. the car will hopefully be strong enough chassis wise to continue but the body got pretty mangled. Photo's:
3778497757_fa6ab6b897.jpg

3778537799_26ce4f0559.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfKrhxdnfLQ

The car used to look like this:
7.jpg

(Yes thats a beer can on the roof, it's a good luck charm from another car they used to race.)

Can you resize the last pic downwards slightly? - Its screwing with the layout of the thread -

Couple of comments - the response time of the emergency crew was appalling - the driver coulda burned to death in the time it took for the 1st guy to get there - and then he jumped out of his truck without applying his own emergency brake!!

Then - he goes to the driver - instead of pulling the emergency cut off switch....

3 MINS LATER - A guy with an extinguisher rock up - and he's the only one NOT wearing flame retardent coveralls....

.What a bloody joke..I hope you don't plan on racing there?

Couple of comments - the response time of the emergency crew was appalling - the driver coulda burned to death in the time it took for the 1st guy to get there - and then he jumped out of his truck without applying his own emergency brake!!

Then - he goes to the driver - instead of pulling the emergency cut off switch....

3 MINS LATER - A guy with an extinguisher rock up - and he's the only one NOT wearing flame retardent coveralls....

.What a bloody joke..I hope you don't plan on racing there?

1) the emergency cutoff is in the car on the dash. The safety measures the track puts in place with cages belts etc kept him in place and he had enough sence to shut the engine down when he went upside down.

2)The angle of the banking doesn't help with the truck. It's a heavy diesel with a tow body on it so it weights over 10,000 lbs and was just parked wrong.

3) once the engine was shut down there was no risk of fire with the fact that we use fuel cells that have to be set up a certain way.

I admit yes it took a while for people to get there but this is the first time that has happened at the new track and people were stunned and scared.

bummer. He was battling for 3rd and looked like he would have gone for 2nd before it was all over. glad he's ok

Good job driving and getting the car set up, You was moving up front.
My son will have to see that video.:cheers:
We have two dirt tracks here and MoPar is spanking the chebbies in three classes
Check out this tread I did some video's of the MoPar's and my son's car.
Your asphalt car sure is nize =P~=P~
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=69140

-
Back