Demon quarter flip windows

-

monoptn

Mopar Aficianado
Reaction score
Today I went to a local junkyard to get the rear window flipper/lock mechanisms from a 72 Duster, because my Demon hardware is pitted badly. I discovered that the mechanism is rivited to the window frame, instead of being screwed to it. When I discovered this, I just pulled the whole quarter glass and frame out. However, when I got home I noticed the one I pulled is tinted, and mine is not.

What is the best remedy here? How do I move my glass to the frame I pulled today? Or, is there a decent way to drill out the rivet and replace with a new one, or a screw?

not sure how you could do it, but i have 2 extra sets sitting in my garage. ill see if any of them are in descent shape and if you want, you can just have it for the cost of shipping. theyre just taking up space... send me a p/m if you want and ill send some pics

Thanks for the kind offer...I may take you up on that. But there's got to be some way to swap the glass out.

do you still have the glass...I could use that glass for my 72...? All you have to do is remove one of the rivets from the frame..slide the frame up and pull the glass outward, out of the frame...be careful of the "whiskers" though.. most are pretty brittle and they are not offered in resto yet..

not sure how you could do it, but i have 2 extra sets sitting in my garage. ill see if any of them are in descent shape and if you want, you can just have it for the cost of shipping. theyre just taking up space... send me a p/m if you want and ill send some pics

I've got some extra non-tinted too. But it sounds like you have it covered.
I'm LMAO. Most people like a new car smell.
I like an old car smell.:flower:

i found the windows lastnight, theyre not in as good of condition as i remember them being... the handles themselves arent too bad, but the window frames are kinda rusted. send me a p/m if youre still interested

Hey Dust U,

I'll try to swap the glass. If successful, I'll be glad to sell you the tinted glass cheap. I'll check it out this afternoon. If possible, could you post a picture of the rivot you are talking about removing?

there are two...one upper and one lower..by the top and bottom of the pillar(straight piece...) drill one of them out slide the frame(like a hinge) upward.it will expose the glass on the top or bottom depending on which rivet you remove, then just carefully slide the glass out..I am pretty sure after drilling the rivet and moving the frame i removed the gasket..I know new gaskets are available as i put new ones in during my swap..Sorry no pics but you can email me here and i can walk you thru it... not too tough .... good luck...

-
Back