Demon SRT6 update #3

-

Hammer

Reaction score
A lot of hours into making the dash piece. Its not done yet but looks pretty good so far. The switch is for the fan. And the third picture is kinda dark, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG-20111008-00279.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG-20111005-00268.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG-20110924-00228.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 412
Lookin good. Glad to see progress on this. I kinda been wonderin about it.

Got it enough in the car that I can finally move onto other things. Got the generator and voltage regulator hooked up today AND got the temp, oil, and boost gauges' wiring ran through the firewall and ready to be hooked up. Sent the intake to get powder coated red by one of my buddies. Measured out the stainless steel braided lines to go from the oil pump to the turbo. Was gonna make the lines tonight but forgot the assembly lube in the car. That oil return line is gonna be trickier than I originally thought too. My 10AN fitting doesn't have the clearance under the turbo so I'm gonna have to imprevise. :wack:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 381
Got it enough in the car that I can finally move onto other things. Got the generator and voltage regulator hooked up today AND got the temp, oil, and boost gauges' wiring ran through the firewall and ready to be hooked up. Sent the intake to get powder coated red by one of my buddies. Measured out the stainless steel braided lines to go from the oil pump to the turbo. Was gonna make the lines tonight but forgot the assembly lube in the car. That oil return line is gonna be trickier than I originally thought too. My 10AN fitting doesn't have the clearance under the turbo so I'm gonna have to imprevise. :wack:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 363
Just got the powder coat done at my buddies work. Turned out real nice!

Attachments

• IMG-20111018-00315.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 317
So this is how far i got till i found that the float needles on my carb weren't closing, and during the testing of the fuel system, the main bowl filled to capacity and then leaked out the sight glass. This was not due to high pressure either..just bad craftsmanship by Barry Grant (this is my 3rd Demon carb and so far i'm anything but impressed. Go figure the company went under...cant imagine why..) So anyway..had the carb taken apart by a man who knows about these things, and it should be good-to-go. The gas vapor line i was trying to use for a fuel bypass line is not going to work (i believe its blocked up)..i guess thats what i get for trying to go the cheap route on ONE aspect of this build. So next on the agenda is to run a new line to the tank and trying it all over again..with any luck, i should have it started by the summer time.

Attachments

• slant 6 turbo.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 250
  • slant 6 turbo1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 247
  • fuel reg.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 240
-
Back