Not open for further replies.

demon322

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I know this is a shot in the dark - wondering if anyone has just a drivers side demon tail light lens. I’ve got a decent set but the drivers side is very faded so lights up orange compared to the red on the pass side.

Having looked for a set in the past and knowing I probably will need another in the future I’d hate to break up a good pair. So looking for just a drivers side in good shape.

Thanks!

07BCD344-D2F0-495F-A8C1-FF77D7F229F9.jpeg

You can put them on a buffer and bring them back to new, but you have to be careful not to burn them.

I know this is a shot in the dark - wondering if anyone has just a drivers side demon tail light lens. I’ve got a decent set but the drivers side is very faded so lights up orange compared to the red on the pass side.

Having looked for a set in the past and knowing I probably will need another in the future I’d hate to break up a good pair. So looking for just a drivers side in good shape.

Thanks!

View attachment 1715591721
I know it may be funky but I thought about the red lense film / tape on the inside of the lens. I've seen some in auto parts stores as something to get by until you find a replacement. just a thought

You can recoat that. I have done several tail lights in the past on the old pointed Desoto lights they were always fading as were the old ford lights. So there is always a way to make it look good again . You just have to do some looking around for the products of today. I used candy lacquer years ago it melted in and didn't peel. They probably have a product to coat them today. I would tint candy paint and spray plexiglass for color match.

The last set I bought the seller was asking $450 a pair. They are remaking them . Layson's. Around $200 Each for the lense.

When I see the parts for sale I buy them. My son will always be playing with these cars when I'm gone. 71 Demon, Scamp, and Dart markers are getting scarce also. Most OEM are pitted.

Dude, I have polish out a lot of tail light lens. I use a 10" open buffing wheel and use rouge, it works great but they burn if you push to hard

Dude, I have polish out a lot of tail light lens. I use a 10" open buffing wheel and use rouge, it works great but they burn if you push to hard
I am sure I am missing something but not sure how polishing would bring back the red. I just assumed the sun fading had zapped the color. Of course I could be way off here.

You won't polish the red back in unless you use a good lipstick. Probably Avon brand. Once they are yellow the red is gone. When redying them only do the inside. You'll still see it but it will light up red. Back in the old days if your tail lights were faded or you had blue dots you were getting pulled over so they good take your Beers for free. Gave up a couple cases in that old Desoto.

upload_2020-9-8_18-17-23.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back