Demon tail light lens repair

-

Yote

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Demon guys know what's always broken on our tail lights. I found some plastic similar to the raised edge of the lens. Trimmed the ends of broken part of the lens square, shaped and sanded the new plastic to fit. Used pvc clear cleaner and glue to replace pieces, let dry ,sanded carefullyand painted. I know some of my FABO friends are much more talented than I but thought I would share the idea. I don't think it turned out too bad but not perfect.
Yote

Nice job.
I would like to see a photo of the repaired lens from a distance of about 3 or 4 feet. That's about the distance most people will see it if they stand behind the car.

Looks good to me! I have a couple lenses I need to do this with too. Your repairs look better than the missing pieces, so it's a win. And really even with a few pieces broken out it's hard to tell when they're on the car unless you're looking for them.

image.png
DFX- another photo from 3 feet. Not sure the perspective is the same to the camera as it is to the eye at a given distance.
Yote

My method of restoring the tail light housings. Media blast, coat outer surface with Rustoleum cold galvanizing spray, coat inner surface with a self etching primer then with Dupli Color chrome paint.
To freshen the lenses I used Purple Metal Polish in small circular motions by hand and a motor tool buffing pad (carefully) . Then mask and paint with a satin black. Just what I did. You may want to use other options. Check out the difference in the last couple lens pictures, before and after buffing with polish.
Yote

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back