Demon vs Quick Fuel

-

71Duster

Reaction score
As stated in a previous post I tested a 750 Mighty Demon on my 340 in place of the 650 speed demon it currently runs. The mid range and top end where awesome and the idle quality was atually much better.

The engine shop can get me a 650 Mighty Demon -all he says I need- or they also deal with Quick Fuel but he wont recomend the Quick Fuel because I haven't tested it. I like the idea of a choke but its not a deal breaker.

Which way would you go?

Car specs below.

Stock J Heads 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust and Crane Gold 1.5 ratio rocker arms.

3.55 gears and a 727 with 3000 stall from SMR, stage 2 shift kit from transgo.

It runs a Hughes cam #heh2328al

111deg lobe seperation/installed centerline 108deg
intake lift .506/ exhaust .524

[email protected] Intake223deg/ Exhaust 228deg

Cam timing @ .050” Tappet Lift

Intake Opens: 3.5 Deg BTC
Exhaust Opens: 48 Deg BBC

Intake Closes: 39.5 Deg ABC
Exhaust Closes: 0 Deg ATC

Engine is .060 over with Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons on stock rods and a stock forged crank.

Ignition is an FBO box

Would only run a Quick fuel carb. The fuel curve is way better that those Barry Grant things anyway. (There also still in business unlike Barry Grant and his Demons)

Dyno testing with the Quick fuel has shown that they are one of the best.(Or Gary Williams)

You go out to the Friday night street legals? Located in Edmonton too if you need some help on the set up.

Never made it out before, the Block Shop built the engine and thats who I am dealing with on the carb. Slightly worried about a total lack of warrenty on a $500 carb too.

Nice to see some local members here. I usually end up at White Oaks on Friday nights but the drags might be more fun other then the fact I have no helmet or experiance.

I am a fan of quick fuel also.

Recently off of the dyno where the shop owner couldn't get enough of how flat the A/F curve was. Then my buddy got his Mustang in there with his quickfuel carb and it was just as flat.

Also, I don't think Barry Grant is out of business.

Or at least the website is still up.

Word is the Barry Grant has gone under. Engine shop had to look for a carb as no one has any NEW stock short of what was on the shelf.

I called Quick Fuel today they recomended an SS 650 Double pumper but the tech didn't recomend annular boosters on the street as they tend to go rich on the top end.

Any experiances?

I had 3 different Barry Grant carbs really liked all 3. Worked great for their application.I am no pro racer but but found them very easy to tune and responded very well to any changes I made,Kevin.

Same question has also been asked on Moaparts. I'm leaning toward the QuickFuel 750 ss with annular boosters.

As a street car going rich in the high rpm isn;t a big issue as it doesn't see WOT for extended time periods. Also from my reading the size of the annular boosters somewhat restricts the carbs cfm by around 20cfm.

Also I would ASSUME that a choke horn and choke plate would have some effect of the cfm as well. Most responses are that the 750 with the annular boosters would act smaller on the low end and be a 750 on the top end.

Opinions?

-
Back