Denso belt suggestion

-

coro500net

Reaction score
Have a big block with denso alt, just wondering if anybody has a part number or application for the alt belt?
I am just running from crank to water pump to alt, no ps or ac.

Belts are sized by length and number of ribs.

Take a piece of ribbon and wrap it around the pulleys, mark it where it overlaps. That's your length.

number of ribs

Here is an example

Screenshot_20230108-184616.png

Thanks for your info.
The belt I need is a stock style v belt. May try a stock belt that fits the original style alt?

Can also use 3/8 rope that fills the groves to measure the Length. Depending on the brackets and pulleys, stock might or might not work. I tried 4-5 belts when I changed alts and bracket setup. Can alway return them…

Automotive V belts are measured buy the circumference around the outside of the belt.

(As opposed to industrial A or B belts, which are measured by the "core" for lack of better term)

So for a starter just run a flexible tape around the outside rim of the pulleys. It helps if you have a friendly parts store than can temporarily hold an invoice for say, 3 belts of various lengths

Most automotive belts part numbers now have the belt length encoded in the part number. In 74, when I first "got into" auto parts, Gates belts were not that way.

That #15460 belt number seems to be coming up quite often with the different belt retailers.

Mopars back in the day always used the narrow 13 series belts, such as 13460. They are pretty much unavailable today. Good Luck!

Go to NAPA. They have the best V belts around I have ever found. They cost a bit more but are well worth it. Most old NAPA store will have the P/N for it. I couldn't keep an A/C belt on my Scamp until I got theirs.

Last edited:
Been thru such V-belt selection the last year on my old Mopars after fitting a Sanden AC compressor w/ home-made brackets. Part of my problem was limited adjustment range so had to get it just right. You can download a catalog from Gates and others with all belts listed by width (3 choices) and length (~2" increments). The later is the trickiest since some list by average length (mid) and some by OD. Best I found is the newer belts with a length code like AV11350 (in mm). Once you get one almost-right, you can buy the exact length you need. Of course, I tried using a 3/8" rope to get close, but usually took a 2nd pass, so the 1st passes are in my "V-belts" box. Serp belts ("multi-V") are in the same pdf catalog.

-
Back