Dent in body line.

-

Rogue

Reaction score
I'm not worth much when it comes to body work but I want to improve my skills and practice. I'm willing to try and try again until I get it right, so that is why I ask you this; How would I get this dent out that is in the body line?

I circled the spot in red but it may not have shown up well.
Baddent.jpg

Thanks
*Rogue

Step 1.....find a dent removal place and let them try first. Unless the paint is cracked let a pro try first, might not need to repaint.

Riddler

Pull the back seat and the interior panel out and try to push it out from the inside.

I am a professional paint and body technician.If that were my car,that looks as though it has just been painted,i would call the local paintless dent repair company.If you try to repair that dent yourself,and break the paint,then the only way to do it really correctly is to repaint the quarter panel,then you have to clear the roof,and both quaterpanels,because there isnt a break line anywere for the clearcoat.You could possibly have it cleared to the top of the quarter panel,and blend the clear on the body line,but that doesnt always work either.

According to the receipts that I have when we bought the car, the paint was done for $4000.00 some four years ago and who every did it did a bad job. We're going to repaint it and am not worried about the current paint chipping or cracking.

Are paintless dent repair companies typically pretty inexpensive?

Thanks
*Rogue

For the most part a PDR guy ("paintless dent removal") will do it for $100 unless they are just crazy high where your at, but like above i'd recommend the same as above, if you try going about fixing a dent in the body line it'll take more exportess then fixing just a regular dent and you'll have to blend quite a bit off of where that dents at.....

I'm a 15 year PDR tech and it's my opinion that dent is repairable. Just don't try and do it yourself first, then call a PDR guy after you can't get it out. You'll only make it worse and piss the tech off and raise his price!!

If you're not worried about the paint, pull the interior panel and put your hand in there. You can feel where it is dented and can start pushing on it using the PALM of your hand, NOT with a screwdriver or hammer handle. It's gonna need a skim coat of plastic anyway, but you can get it close.

-
Back