Depression

-
rather than posting a bunch of threads that only contain 4 or 5 words, why not make one thread an compile all of your jokes into it and save some of fabo's space.

just saying.

I'm trying to post a few "jokes of the day". I was busy yesterday and am catching up.

rather than posting a bunch of threads that only contain 4 or 5 words, why not make one thread an compile all of your jokes into it and save some of fabo's space.

just saying.

+ 2.
It makes it easier on us all to use one post instead of several.
Having to open each one individually is a pain.

thanks,Rod :neutral:

joke gone bad.. but I do agree, not everyone is paying to support the site so we need to respect what space we have.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussseee me.

joke gone bad.. but I do agree, not everyone is paying to support the site so we need to respect what space we have.

Well, I'm a gold member. :-D

I paid for some of the space. :thebirdm:

Why don't you become gold members also? 8)

Well, I'm a gold member. :-D

I paid for some of the space. :thebirdm:

Why don't you become gold members also? 8)

I am also gold, wasnt trying to start nothing here even though it looks like I was not the only one thinking that.

Anyhow, its a free country and a basically free to rome website so do as you will and no offense meant.

take it easy.

Does this mean that, now that I am back from my job out of state, I should NOT resume posting MY jokes??

I'm not a gold member because I don't have the money seeing how I am paying my way through college.

I am also gold, wasnt trying to start nothing here even though it looks like I was not the only one thinking that.

Anyhow, its a free country and a basically free to rome website so do as you will and no offense meant.

take it easy.

I wasn't trying to start anything either, just defending my side. If I wanted to start something, I could have posted more "agressive" language.

I'm just trying to lighten up a few people's day by posting a few jokes for them to get a chuckle from.

However, most of the objectors, I noticed, were not gold members, and were complaining about ME using space when I paid my share and THEY DIDN'T. Just seems a little hypocritical that they would complain about me wasting space when I paid the extra to support the server and they didn't. ie. They don't have a leg to stand on. If they want to complain about someone wasting "their" space, they should have at least paid for it.

And now for the "free country" bit. Yes it is a free country. Being that, I also have the right to post as I feel/want to. Just as you have the right to roam the website. And since we are all free here, if you don't like what I post, you have the freedom NOT TO READ IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

For the "broke college students". I've been there and done that. You claim not to have the money to become gold members, but how often are you guys partying. If you stopped partying for a week, those cases of beer and bag of weed (or now I believe you call them "trees"), would pay for your gold membership....

So, all I was trying to do was to lighten a few people's days. Then a few people jump on my back and criticize me... What do you expect me to do?

You guys take it easy too...

No need to get all up tight over it.

I see your point and i'm not going to argue that. And I completely understand the reason you post jokes and am glad your all about putting a smile on a persons face when they might be having a bad day.

All I was saying is that maybe it would make more sense to compile your shorter jokes into one thread to conserve fabo's space .

But seriously sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way, I apologize. Lets all just forget about it.

Some of your jokes I have read were pretty funny so post away.

I also support the idea of a joke thread kind of like the "hot Mopar babes" thread

The only problem with this is would be that you would have to weed through all the jokes that you have already read to get to the new ones. That DEFINITELY IS NOT A DRAWBACK on the hot mopar babes thread, however!

For the "broke college students". I've been there and done that. You claim not to have the money to become gold members, but how often are you guys partying. If you stopped partying for a week, those cases of beer and bag of weed (or now I believe you call them "trees"), would pay for your gold membership....

I am not a Gold Member, although I have plans to become one soon. I am, however, a "broke college student." I want to point out to you that not all "broke college students" have arrived at that point because they party too much and smoke too much weed, or trees, or whatever. I am 35 years old trying to work my way through college while supporting a disabled wife and a 5 year old son. I make maybe $600 a month if I am lucky as a student worker, and my wife gets $600 or so on SSI. We are doing the best that we can but we are barely keeping above water. The only way that we have made it this far is because the house and the vehicles are paid for, even though the truck needs a new exhaust and the car's battery needs a new car. I have no problem with you posting your jokes one at a time, but please try to keep your generalizations at a minimum and remember that not all college students are partiers and dope heads. Thank you.

I am not a Gold Member, although I have plans to become one soon. I am, however, a "broke college student." I want to point out to you that not all "broke college students" have arrived at that point because they party too much and smoke too much weed, or trees, or whatever. I am 35 years old trying to work my way through college while supporting a disabled wife and a 5 year old son. I have no problem with you posting your jokes one at a time, but please try to keep your generalizations at a minimum and remember that not all college students are partiers and dope heads. Thank you.

1. You are not a "typical college student", as you are 35 and supporting a family, not 19 fresh out of high school and single.

2. You did not post before I posted that, so it was not directed at you. It was directed at the one that posted negatively against me about wasting space. When I challenged him about hating on me for wasting space when I am a gold member who helped pay for some of the space and he wasn't, then tries to cry "broke college student" as an excuse not to be a gold member. Then I singled him out on my next post when he tried to cliam that he was not complaining, when in fact he was. Haven't heard from him since.

All I did was post a few jokes to help lighten someone's day, then I get a few people jumping on my back for it. I can only sit back and let it go so far before digging in and defending myself. I was able to put up a good enough arguement to get the others to back off.

So anyway, good luck with your college and supporting your wife and kid. You have 13 years before your son reaches the "broke college student" age and wants you to help put him through college. I have one there now and another one to get there in 4 more years. That is the true circle of life, getting yourself through college, and then your kids when they grow old enough.

I understand, it just seemed like a hasty generalization. If it was not meant that way, then I'm sorry. I happen to like your jokes, and as far as I'm concerned, post away. Have a nice day.

And hopefully when my son gets to college he'll have some sort of scholarship to help him through. I don't know how he'll do with an academic scholarship, but he should be tall enough for a basketball scholarship. He's only five, and he's already pushing four and a half feet tall. That's just scary!!!

-
Back