Des Moines mopars unlimited

-

Jeff50316

Reaction score
Just got home from mopars unlimited and it was a little depressing. There weren't a whole lot of a bodies there:banghead:. There were about 6 cuda's 2 val's 2 darts but one was a sweet gts :toothy8:very nice. And not 1 single duster or demon. The dusters are what I really wanted to show the wife. Trying to talk her in to letting me get one to restore. Makes it a lot easier when she can see what one looks like in person and all done.

Used to live in Ankeny. There are not very many A bodies in Des Moines area. The two years that I lived there, I always receive an award for Modified A body at the Mopars Unlimited show. Usually only three or four A bodies at the show and mine was the only Duster/Demon/Dart sport at the show.

Guess that back in the 60's Des Moines had more money available than in Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities ect. There are quite a few A-Bodies in the Cedar Rapids area. I lived there for 15 years and use to see quite a few from 67-69 Darts, Barracuda A bodies, as well as many Duster/Demons. I almost bought a 71 Demon 340 back then. I lived in the Quad Cites at that time.

As for me, I'm looking for a 67 Valiant two door for a project. Hopefully not a lot of cancer, although that comes with the territory. By the way, A-Bodies do rule.:blob:

-
Back