Desperately seeking help

-

BobbyY

Old Mopar guy
Reaction score
Help!!;
I'm looking for something that I have no idea what it is called. The part is for a 67 Dart, it is the hanger on the Trunk lid hinge that the torque springs go through. I tried to do a search but little hangy things did not turn up anything. If anyone knows what they are called or better yet has a couple I am in need of two of them. The best I can guess is it is something like a U shaped bracket with some kind of pillow block bearing in it. I could try and fabricate something but I'm really only guessing what and where it would go. :wack:](*,)

Bobby

which end? the one end is in the hinge/rear panel support and the hinge follower is a little plastic block.

I didn't think the anchor was removable, isn't it welded in? Anyhow, here's drawings from the 67 shop manual, and the 69 manual. the 69 seems more accurate, I know mine has the square nylon "rollers."

Attachments

• deck67.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 69Deck.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 129
Thanks, I'll go do some more looking. The only car I've been able to look into has been a 73Scamp and it had some kind of bracket attached to the hinge arm hanging down so that is what I thought I was looking for.

There are some little nylon separators that keep the 2 torsion bars from rattling against one another. Maybe that's what you're looking for ?

Nope not the spacers. If you look at the second picture from 67 dart's post, the item labeled slide is what I guess I'm looking for. The Scamp I saw hat that slide inside a U shaped bracket and welded to the hinge right where the hinge straightens out, the picture has a hole there. That made me think the earlier Dart might be the same but it must not be.

-
Back