Deviant art huh?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Well it ain't Hotrod Magazine, but I guess it will have to do for the time being.:D
I just ran across this online unexpectedly from one of the car shows I went to.

73Dart.jpg

Did you notify the photographer/artist that you posted “his” image on this website? He wants to know what you do with “his” Art.

Is that your dart trailbeast? I like it!! I love that hoodscoop unconventional but it looks like it was made to go there!! Very nice. Edited found the answer in the OP gotta pay more attention lol

View attachment 1715239523
Cool is that you next to it counting your money?

TB, I think I’ve told you this before but that is one nice beaker!

Is that your dart trailbeast? I like it!! I love that hoodscoop unconventional but it looks like it was made to go there!! Very nice. Edited found the answer in the OP gotta pay more attention lol

NICE ,Greg.

That's not me in the pic, but it is my car.
Thanks for the beak props guys.

This is me.:rolleyes:

Ok, it's not me but it is my jersey.

eastwood.jpg

Last edited:
No that's me, about 20 years ago; I always liked that shot.
I have another I like better, with me and my ex-girlfriend, bopping around town in the ol' pick-up truck; she's the one with her arm hanging out the window and signaling,right turn. I had to let her go tho, cuz I didn't see any future in our relationship. She had this great Orange hair, I really liked that Orange.
Eventually I found a more suitable girl, who became my wife, after she dyed her hair that same great Orange color. After that we had a lotta,lotta, good times, and she made some great babies. Only one looks sorta like me, the other two take after their mother.

Last edited:
No that's me, about 20 years ago; I always liked that shot.
I have another I like better, with me and my ex-girlfriend, bopping around town in the ol' pick-up truck; she's the one with her arm hanging out the window and signaling,right turn. I had to let her go tho, cuz I didn't see any future in our relationship. She had this great Orange hair, I really liked that Orange.
Eventually I found a more suitable girl, who became my wife, after she dyed her hair that same great Orange color. After that we had a lotta,lotta, good times, and she made some great babies. Only one looks sorta like me, the other two take after their mother.
Scott DEFINITELY looks like you!! Great actor too!!

@TrailBeast is that hoodscoop a Ford cobra jet scoop? I really like it.

I must have gone through 300 scoop photos before I settled on the repop fiberglass 1970 Mach I scoop.
It seemed to fit the rest of the car better due to the length and profile, and even resembles some of the Dodge scoops currently used.

chargerscoop.jpg

hoodscoop.jpg

I must have gone through 300 scoop photos before I settled on the repop fiberglass 1970 Mach I scoop.
It seemed to fit the rest of the car better due to the length and profile, and even resembles some of the Dodge scoops currently used.

View attachment 1715240114

View attachment 1715240115
I like it!! Looks really good. I have been looking and thinking of ideas everything i come up with I'm not sure will look good with the beak line! Lol

69 Barracudas, as you know, have the same hood. And I went thru the same exercise, and couldn't find a scoop I liked. So I built my 68 instead. I think you found a great solution to what I found to be a really trying problem.

I like it!! Looks really good. I have been looking and thinking of ideas everything i come up with I'm not sure will look good with the beak line! Lol
One of the reasons I settled on that scoop was because it has the same line down the top of it.
It also came with a grill inside that almost exactly matches the cars grill.
You can see the grill that comes with the scoop better in this picture.

scoop.jpg

69 Barracudas, as you know, have the same hood. And I went thru the same exercise, and couldn't find a scoop I liked. So I built my 68 instead. I think you found a great solution to what I found to be a really trying problem.
So a 69 barracuda has the same hood as 73-76 darts??

Wow I did not know that. I knew that 69 barracudas had more of a pointed header. So are they interchangeable? Can I take a 69 barracuda hood and bolt it on my dart? Or the dimension different and they just look the same?

Wow I did not know that. I knew that 69 barracudas had more of a pointed header. So are they interchangeable? Can I take a 69 barracuda hood and bolt it on my dart? Or the dimension different and they just look the same?

They are exactly the same hood right down to the hinges.

That is so crazy I have never noticed that before but now that I look it's so obvious I dont know how iv never noticed it!! Thanks for that knowledge Aj. I love learning new stuff even if it is useless information haha.

I wonder if in 73 when they designed the dart they was like hey let's use all these leftover barracuda hoods got laying around. The barracuda changed from a to e in 70 and pretty abruptly. I bet they had all kind of parts and tooling left over.

Are there any more interchangeable parts like that from 69 to later cars.
It's also kinda weird that they used them on the darts and not the dusters and valiants. Seems like Plymouth would have used them on their on stuff. Idk maybe I'm way off. I'm just assuming.
Sorry to hijack your thread with this trailbeast

-
Back