Diagnostic tach and mixture gauge

-

6T9QDA

Reaction score
What do you like for an under-hood tuning tach? I haven't bought one in a long time, and apparently they ain't the three-wire meters no more. Can the new laser ones be placed so that you can see them while you have both hands turning screws?

I'd also like suggestions for a A/F ratio meter for temporary use. Thank you.

I use this adapter with my fluke 88. Clamps on to the #1 spark plug wire for tach readings.

I also use a wide band A/F gauge.....An in dash unit, but I use it as a portable if need be. O2 bung welded into the down pipe for the sensor.

1726751793654.jpeg

I have a bunch of old school one calibrated if needed.

I have a search set on old-school diagnostic tools on Offer-Up but I'm sure you can do the same with Craigslist/Facebook MP/Ebay. I picked up a couple of units for about 10 bucks each. One is really big and you need to set it down on a table or something to work but I like it because the gauge is really big so I can read it from a distance. The other is a small portable unit that I keep in the trunk in case I ever need it but I have only used it once to compare readings with the big unit and confirmed that they worked.

I have a search set on old-school diagnostic tools on Offer-Up but I'm sure you can do the same with Craigslist/Facebook MP/Ebay. I picked up a couple of units for about 10 bucks each. One is really big and you need to set it down on a table or something to work but I like it because the gauge is really big so I can read it from a distance. The other is a small portable unit that I keep in the trunk in case I ever need it but I have only used it once to compare readings with the big unit and confirmed that they worked.
Big question is it accurate? Thats where I come in.

Big question is it accurate? Thats where I come in.
Fair enough, I can't be sure 100% how accurate they are. I mainly use them for setting idle rpm for a basic tune up and not much else so +/- 50rpm isn't going to kill me. For what it's worth, right out the box both meters have always read exactly the same
Better than nothing...

-
Back