Did 19“ Radiators 3574637 came with shrouds

-

jakuzzie

Reaction score
My brothers 1972 Swinger came original with an 19“ radiator wich works perfectly. He wonders if it came with a shroud.

3574637 19“ AT non AC

Thanks in advance.

IMG_6646.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

19 inch rad would have been for a /6.

That it cools your SBM is a estimate to how well the engineers designed the cooling system. 65/66 mustangs had a 19" rad for the 260/289. It might be a 3 or 4 core?

As for shroud, many cars did not have shrouds, my 67 dart 273 has 7 blade fan and no shroud, cools fine under typical conditions.

In the early years 60s shrouds were for AC and Max cooling but later they seem to have been installed on all cars.

All that being said, there is a /6 shroud for the 19" rad BUT.... I don't know if the shroud will fit a SBM, or if there ever was a V8 option with 19".

Go to mymopar.com and download the parts book for your year car. Look for the options and see if there was one.

Your engine seems to have the 70 up water pump (drivers side upper, pass side lower) so you might want to look for a copper brass 22" or even 26" if your core support supports 26" without modification. And corresponding shroud from a 70 up V8 car.

Most all of the 70 and up V8 cars I've seen or owned had shrouds, but then again the ones I've owned were AC cars.

My book says 72. 318 with manual trans. They also did not have a coolant recovery system bc so the tank and cap had been added on. What’s the number on the tank? Kim

My book says 72. 318 with manual trans. They also did not have a coolant recovery system bc so the tank and cap had been added on. What’s the number on the tank? Kim
It has a transmission oil cooler.
The tank is not original.
We removed it today.

The Swinger was built in Canada for France.

IMG_6653.jpeg

19 inch rad would have been for a /6.

That it cools your SBM is a estimate to how well the engineers designed the cooling system. 65/66 mustangs had a 19" rad for the 260/289. It might be a 3 or 4 core?

As for shroud, many cars did not have shrouds, my 67 dart 273 has 7 blade fan and no shroud, cools fine under typical conditions.

In the early years 60s shrouds were for AC and Max cooling but later they seem to have been installed on all cars.

All that being said, there is a /6 shroud for the 19" rad BUT.... I don't know if the shroud will fit a SBM, or if there ever was a V8 option with 19".

Go to mymopar.com and download the parts book for your year car. Look for the options and see if there was one.

Your engine seems to have the 70 up water pump (drivers side upper, pass side lower) so you might want to look for a copper brass 22" or even 26" if your core support supports 26" without modification. And corresponding shroud from a 70 up V8 car.
I had a 19" radiator in my 70 Swinger. It was original to the car and was a 318 car. Mopar started using the 19" radiators in 318 cars back in 69.

Without shroud and overflow bottle I gues.
Exactly. Overflow bottles weren't used until later in the 70's. (not for sure when) no shroud either. I have Dealer installed Chrysler A/C that dod not include a larger radiator. :BangHead: :BangHead: With a bad cap it would puke coolant on hot days.

Just 2 rows
So a 2 row 19" copper brass radiator can cool a SB engine without a shroud. Sarcasm to follow...Who would have thought! I thought you had to have a 2 row 1.5" tube aluminum rad with dual electric fans and a restrictive shroud to cool a SB!

:rofl:

(Ya ya ya I know an 11:1 compression 600 HP motor will have different cooling requirements than a stock 318)

(just poking a little fun at the AL radiator crowd)

My race car engine dyno’ed at 655 hp and 620 tq. I run my factory 74 duster 360 26 inch 2 core rad. Kept it under control on a 38* Celsius day for 8 runs. Kim

-
Back