Did I mention.. I LOVE this car?

-

72BlueSwinger

Reaction score
I've been cruising around town every once in awhile this summer, and last weekend we had the big "Highway 60 Yardsale" which pretty much clogged up the towns and traffic all through Breckinridge, Hancock, and Daviess counties in Kentucky. Anyway, I finally managed to pull into the local IGA grocery store - the only one in town - and as I parked the old Dart, I heard some lady say "Sweet man, that's an old Dart." I just smiled and nodded, then as an afterthought, told her it used to be my stepdad's. Tonight as I cruised over to the auto parts store, I actually had to work at keeping the big stupid grin off my face. I have no clue WHY I love the thing, but I do. Shakes, Rattles, groans, leaky exhaust, rusted fenders and all, its still cool. Course... if I could make some more noise - in the form of some mean exhaust and tire smoke... all the better. That'll come in due time.. Anybody else just thoroughly enjoy cruising around in their old ride?

Thats to cool. Good story. Yes I do know what you are talking about. I love to drive my Dart too. It is the things it does not have that I find I love about it. You know what I mean? You have to drive one to know. I love the feed back from the wheel the rattle of the Hurst shifter in my hand the banging of the exhoust on the trany cross member. And the kids in there mom's Hondas that turn off the next side street when they see me comeing.

That's it man. Just enjoy your car. No matter if you get
bad comments or good. I get comments from a lot of GM guys.
Saying that it's the ugliest color ever on my car. I just
blow them off saying at least I don't have a case of the
Chevys. Thats a bad disease.
ENJOY your car.

It really hit me how much of a influence my car is on my family till my 2 year old son walked out front and pointed at the Expeditions and said mama's truck vroom, then pointed at the Grand Caravan and said mama's van grrrgrr, then he pointed at the Wagon and said Daddies Car Vrrooooommm Vroooom Screeeee Vrooooommm Screeeee and was all smiles while saying it. O this world is in for a hurt when he get's his own ride.

-
Back