Did my good deed

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
for the month.....and next too.....Had to go to town to get some lumber. Bought the fuel can for the bike with me. Was about 6 miles form home and there went half the fuel can.....into a ladies Harley that was out of fuel. 2 miles up the road there was a young guy on the side of the road.....out of gas. There is damn close to 0 cell coverage out here. 16 or so miles to the nearest gas station from where they were stuck. If you are are coming from up north closest station is 30 or so miles. Not a good place to run out of fuel.....

This means your bike won't quit on you for at least two months.
(Make sure your scoot reads this post).

Years ago when I had the 340 powered beat-to- $-h-eye-tee Landcruiser, I always had a Jerry can on the back in a rack, as the gas gauge was not very accurate. Here, out on the long bridge across Lake Pend Oreille, (Pond - er- ray) was the wife of the local Shell Oil distributor --in her pig of a gigantic, not to mention big, 70's Lincoln Continuous. And it was MMMMM TTTTEEEEE

I don't remember if I ever got paid for the gas, or not. It was worth it just to tell the story

The bridge to the right, now a "walking bridge" was "the" bridge in use at the time. My 70 RR, with the 340 in er, has seen over 120 on that thing back when I was young'r and possibly stupid'r

I've lost track, this is about the 4th bridge over that lake

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 170
It can be hard to see a chance to do a good deed. But it does feel good and even if it cramps my plans it's well worth it!

BC

That was really nice of you. Maybe some good Karma will come your way and the missing cover will show up.

If only I could be that lucky.....

sounds like you need to open a gas station!

EPA just shut the one down that is in the little General Store 8 miles north of here. He was going to stop selling fuel any way. He took close to a 20k bath on his last delivery, he got the delivery on Monday and on Wednesday the price took a big drop and he ended up sitting on the fuel for a very long time.

This means your bike won't quit on you for at least two months.
(Make sure your scoot reads this post).

I bought my lap top out and put in front of the scooter......could dman near here it snickering at me.......

Years ago when I had the 340 powered beat-to- $-h-eye-tee Landcruiser, I always had a Jerry can on the back in a rack, as the gas gauge was not very accurate. Here, out on the long bridge across Lake Pend Oreille, (Pond - er- ray) was the wife of the local Shell Oil distributor --in her pig of a gigantic, not to mention big, 70's Lincoln Continuous. And it was MMMMM TTTTEEEEE

I don't remember if I ever got paid for the gas, or not. It was worth it just to tell the story

The bridge to the right, now a "walking bridge" was "the" bridge in use at the time. My 70 RR, with the 340 in er, has seen over 120 on that thing back when I was young'r and possibly stupid'r

I've lost track, this is about the 4th bridge over that lake

I know where that bridge is. Been over it a few times.....

Your a good man. Keep it up. After the fire I have vowed to help anyone I
see. Even for the littlest thing. :cheers:

Thank You Sir, not many folks say that about me.....

It can be hard to see a chance to do a good deed. But it does feel good and even if it cramps my plans it's well worth it!

BC

It does feel good to help others out.

5 gallons of gas in 2 miles.......and I thought driving a hot rod was bad........

Just remember, no good deed goes unpunished. I know it doesn't stop you from being a good person, and helping someone. Just don't be surprised when something sneaks up and bites you in the a$$ as a reward.

Just remember, no good deed goes unpunished. I know it doesn't stop you from being a good person, and helping someone. Just don't be surprised when something sneaks up and bites you in the a$$ as a reward.
I have been "paying" enough lately......

-
Back