Did some deals with members- good seller and possible bad seller alerts

-

69bronzeT5

My wife's car is faster.
Reaction score
Over the last few months I've done some deals with members on this site. Here are the sellers that fall into my good seller category.....

63VALIANT*KISS- Bought 2 Duster emblems from him. Although I saw a pair of emblems for sale that were cheaper, I had already committed to these ones so I went ahead and bought them. Transaction was great and Andrew got the emblems off to me quickly and they were exactly how he described them.

Motopsycho- Bought a '69 Charger R/T diecast from him. Exactly how he described it and he was even willing to ship it before I paid him (which on that note- Eddie, the money order took longer than I wanted to send it off. I've been very busy lately like I said but it is off to you now so again I apologize for the delay).

HEMIRAM- I bought Duster 340 exhaust tips off of him for my Duster. Transaction went great and I'm very happy with the tips. They are exactly how Jeff said they would be and I got a great deal on them.

73duster47- Didn't buy anything from him but he purchased a pair of '00 Mustang side scoops off of me. Paid for them super quick. They'll be sent off within the next 2 days.

Now, this isn't a bad seller alert but it is questionable and I'm putting a heads up as a POSSIBLE bad seller.

DeanOdart- I bought a '69 Daytona Charger diecast off of him. I was aware it wasn't in the greatest condition but it was a bit more beat up than I expected when I got it. That's not what makes this seller a possible bad seller though. Dean told me shipping would be $28. I paid him and the Daytona was sent off in the mail. I'm used to high shipping charges in the past so I never thought about checking the cost with Canada Post. Anyways, when I got the box I looked at the shipping charge and it wasn't anywhere near $28 like Dean said. As a matter of fact, it was $13.50......Dean charged me DOUBLE what the actual amount was. I was hoping it was an honest mistake and he got a bad estimate from USPS' website. A couple dollars off is no big deal but the fact I got charged double the actual amount, that's enough to raise a flag. I sent him a PM regarding the cost and he never replied even though he has been online since then. He was quick about replying to my PM's when we were working the deal but now he isn't responding to my PM. So I decided to post on his for sale ad for the diecasts. That was on Feb. 10th. He has been on since then and yet no response. Being 17, I do deals with what money I have and although it isn't much, the $15 I got screwed for is a fair amount of gas money to me. So that's why I'm putting a possible bad seller out for him. I've contacted one of the other guys he sold a diecast for to see if his supposed shipping charge was the same as the actual price. I'll let you guys know what he says.

im cool very easy to get along with unless i will let u know when the money
shows up

Way to go Andrew, Eddie, Jeff and 73Duster47! Kudos to you too Bronze for taking the time to spread the word.

FWIW, one of my customers was charged more than double the shipping on a pair of valve covers by another member here too.

I have dealt w/ motopsycho A few times and he is awesome to deal with I agree...... I have also dealt with deanOdart like we discussed and I am good with him as well...

Thanks for the Thumbs Up Cody (69brozeT5). Like I've said, the mustang is a temporary deffection just to get me to and from school/work until the Duster is back road ready. Thank you for the quick replys with info, and the updates, its great to work with someone like that!

-
Back