Did they make SBP with disc brakes?

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
Hi,
A buddy of mine is looking into a 69 dart and it has discs on the front but the owner thinks the bolt pattern is SBP. Did they have SBP with disc brakes or are all cars that have disc brakes on the front LBP?
Thanks

72 and earlier OEM-equipped disc brake cars were SBP.

73 and later OEM-equipped disc brake cars were LBP.

72 and earlier disc brake cars were SBP.

As Dusteriffic has stated, 72' and prior A-Bodies were SBP and the optional disc brakes were Kelsey Hayes system, do a search there is a ton of info on em.

Hi,
A buddy of mine is looking into a 69 dart and it has discs on the front but the owner thinks the bolt pattern is SBP. Did they have SBP with disc brakes or are all cars that have disc brakes on the front LBP?
Thanks

Since swaps of 73+ parts onto earlier cars are so common place, your buddy would be wise to measure to be sure.

The Kelsey-Hayes disk brakes look much different than the 73+ single piston sliders. The K-H were an expensive option and are highly desired, so I would keep them if they work. They were used on Mustangs too. You can get nice SBP wheels fairly easy since many change to BBP. I have an extra set of mags myself. You can also buy new 17" SBP alloys for $170 ea (search posts), if he wants to Foss'ify his car.

-
Back