Did you miss me in Mopar Muscle Magazine?

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Hey everyone......as many of you may know, back in october the December issue of Mopar Muscle Mag came out and I was in it and sponsored by year one.

some of you may not be subscribers to the mag or may have missed the mag when it came out.

Mopar Muscle did not put this magazine on the internet for online veiwing pleasure so I was not able to give anyone a link to check it out online.

well....here it is a few months later and I FINALLY got a new printer/scanner and was able to scan some of the magazine so I could share it here on fabo with all of you.

Not sure if the pictures will be sized well enough that you can all read the article but I enlarged the pictures a bunch so I hope you can all read it.

ENJOY! :thumleft:

MoparMuscleMagcover1.jpg

MoparMuscleMagarticlelarge1.jpg

For those of you that can't make out what the article reads........I typed it all up for you guys!

Headline says " TEACHING THE WAYS "

With the numbers of restorable, cool classics dwindling down, we're all forced to make room for the up-and-comers in the hobby. Sometimes we just provide them with our cars we have passed over. it's the desire to build something from rags to riches with these mopars that we find the spark of this hobby. Jerrod Darrow, this month's Young Gun, Should be the poster child for Mopar revival. Not only was he raised to love mopars, he's teaching his son to follow in his footsteps.
Currently, Jerrod's weapon of choice is this '72 Duster . He's owned it for about a year, and it has become a three-generation family project. " I wanted to get my 3-year old son started early in the hobby so he can appreciate classic cars before there aren't many left."
What an excellent one to start with, too. early '70s A-bodies are easy to find parts for, and pretty much everything you can think of is available.

Jerrod knew that the Duster was the car of choice for this task, and after some extensive searching he found this one. " Sure enough , it was less than a mile from my house, and parked behind a young kid's garage," he says. After the exchange of American currency went down, the happy family packed it up and brought it home. The project is nothing short of impressive. The 318-powered Duster now under the knife to undergo a transformation. The Honey Dew Gold exterior and gold interior were the first to be terminated. "we're working on converting the interior to black while we finish the body work before it's sprayed with Plum Crazy.

After new life was misted onto the A-Body, a '67 318 was bored .030-inch over and a new crankshaft was installed. Ont top, an Edelbrock intake manifold and carburetor were bolted on, accompanied by long tube headers. To finish things off, the engine was painted Hemi orange. " I consider myself a bargain hunter because i find treasure in what most would consider trash," he claims. " I would buy a lot of used parts and then clean them up and paint them to look like brand new again."

Sitting behind the healthy LA is a 904 three-speed automatic and an 8 3/4 rear end with a 4.10 Sure Grip differential. To add to the aesthetic appeal even further, staggered 14-inch front and 15-inch rear Rally wheels were thrown on.

we're happy to see 23-year-old Jerrod making this a big family project. It's also great to see how far it has come in such a short , dedicated year. He plans to have the whole car done by fall of 2010.
We wish you the best! Maybe in 10 or so years, we'll be writing about your son here in Young Guns!

They did a couple typos such as saying expected to be done fall of 2010 when it was suppose to be 2011.

they made it sound as if the hole car has been painted already when in fact its just the engine bay.

a few other little things here and there....but oh well lol.

I gave them my hole story and they knocked it down to magazine size and did some "hollywood editing" I guess you could call it because not everything is exactly how I would have said it LOL.

But man o man was it a cool experience finding out that my story had been selected....what are the odds?

definitely a conversation piece and something to hang on to.

for any other young folks or even just the average Joe.....if your interested in getting your car in the mag.....give it a shot and you never know...you might just hear back from them. When I submitted my story and pictures,the furthest thing from my mind was winning but I figured ...why not, its worth a try.

WOW :tongue9::eek:ccasion: Young gun of the year :thumleft:
Congratulations Jerrod :wav:
I bet I can get my hands on a copy "back issues" can be had I believe :color:
Well I am so SOOO happy that you and your 3 year old son made it in the magazine and sponsored by Year One :thumleft:

Outstanding :color::headbang::headbang:

Thanks guys!!! Glad you all enjoyed it as much as we have.

And sure thing Tony Ill have at it here in a minute....thanks for the reminder by the way, I had planned on posting on your thread the other day and forgot all about it:angry7:

Awesome Jerrod, I forgot to buy the issue to be honest. If anyone has a 'spare' issue i will gladly buy one! Great article Jerrod, congrats!!

Thanks.

and yes to answer the question. Mopar Muscle does offer back order issues.

I THINK you can go right to the website and put a specific issue on order.

I can't remember how I did it but a month or 2 ago I ordered a back order issue of the mag we were in so I had an extra one on hand.

I have about 5 copies.....2 copies are framed in a shadow box (one copy showing the cover and the other showing the article (which by the way Tony....this same shadow box has on of your AWESOME hobby cards in it because I wanted to proudly display it too!).

and I have a copy or 2 in awesome condition set back for keep sakes and I have 1 copy that sits out and is used and abused for viewing pleasure HAHA

Hey everyone......as many of you may know, back in october the December issue of Mopar Muscle Mag came out and I was in it and sponsored by year one.

some of you may not be subscribers to the mag or may have missed the mag when it came out.

Mopar Muscle did not put this magazine on the internet for online veiwing pleasure so I was not able to give anyone a link to check it out online.

well....here it is a few months later and I FINALLY got a new printer/scanner and was able to scan some of the magazine so I could share it here on fabo with all of you.

Not sure if the pictures will be sized well enough that you can all read the article but I enlarged the pictures a bunch so I hope you can all read it.

ENJOY! :thumleft:

MoparMuscleMagcover1.jpg

MoparMuscleMagarticlelarge1.jpg

Groovy ! Good for you Dude! Congrats

Thanks guys.

Mopar Muscle mag is a great one to be subscribed to! ,lots of cool stuff normally.

A heads up to anyone that uses facebook......the last time I reupped my Mopar Muscle Magazine subscription I did it through there facebook page and I got 1 full year (12 issues) for $13.00 i think it was ($12.99 or whatever) Can't beat that!

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!
I cannot find mopar muscle Magazine around where I live. They used to carry it at Auto Zone but now they only have stupid Mudder magazines

Thanks guys!

Dustermaniac.....I am sure you can relate to the cool feeling associated with the "moment in the spot light effect" as If I am thinking correctly your car has appeared in a couple local to your area commercials?

I think I seen the videos a couple of times.

now that is super cool!

Heyyy, I read that write up! Nice man, nice! Congrads!

Now get 10 copies and frame one up.

P.S. I tried hard to get FABO mentioned in the article.

I had to have name dropped www.forabodiesonly.com a good dozen times hoping that they would make a mention of it.

But no luck.

Heck....they didnt even mention my father and he was in the picture with my son and I that is in the magazine LOL

nice job!....I read that article when I got my issue a couple of months back....by the way..that picture on your avatar doesn't look anything like you...did you get a haircut?

nice job!....I read that article when I got my issue a couple of months back....by the way..that picture on your avatar doesn't look anything like you...did you get a haircut?

HAHAHA

when the "outbreak" of odd avatar pictures hit and everyone started putting pictures of messed up looking people I decided to run with a Joe dirt avatar lol.

yah, I looked for the mag back when it first came out but didnt find in honda land. nice to get to read it.

-
Back