Die grinder from Harbor Freight

-

eestatic

Reaction score
Just a feed back here from my purchase of a electric die grinder part #44141.
Was itchy to get to porting on my 675 heads and drove 60 miles to nearest store, purchased tool w/extended warranty to use w/some long shank burrs..but once chucked up in the grinder, I have a tremendous "wobble" when coming up to speed. Initially thought perhaps the burr was bent but on closer observation it appears as if the collet is not "centering" the bit!!:wack: So, I ended up using a 20 year old IR (air) tire/tube buffer that I have. The long shank burrs work well & smooth in the air grinder, btw, that has a different "collet" that centers bit appropriately..

huh, i bought their air powered version and it has worked great

That's the thing with HF stuff, it's rolling the die.. In your case literally. You can normally find outlets in the stores and I test anything electrical, they don't even question what I am doing lol. Certain things when you buy the warranty and your still at less then half the cost of a brand it's hard to pass up and for the most part I have had decent luck with stuff I buy from them. With that said other then impact sockets, certain vise grips and certain channel locks, hammers etc I stay far away from hands tools sold by them.

-
Back