DieWilde13 Visiting SF Bay Area

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
Tom (DieWilde13) and his lovely new bride (from Germany) will be visiting while on their honeymoon. We are going to be hanging out on Tuesday, October 6th (seeing the sites) and will probably end up at Mel's Drive-In on Lombard in San Francisco for dinner. Would anyone like to join us?

Here's the Mel's Drive-In link:

http://www.melsdrive-in.com/hoursandlocations/lombardstreet.html

BTW: If anyone wants to play hookey form work on Tuesday, you can get in on the tourist/sightseeing with us. You know, a little coastal driving, then over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and then back to Fishermans Wharf and Alcatraz, etc.

Now that Tom has told me that they will be staying in San Mateo (and not SF) we could meet at Jeffrey's Hamburgers (in San Mateo) that night too if it is too hard for others to get to SF that night. We will still be doing the sightseeing beforehand though.

Ben -
Can you talk them into staying in California until Fall Fling on 10/17? That'd give them a chance to see a bunch of fine Mopars and meet more FABO members.
C'mon Tom, you and your bride have gotta see SoCal and go to Disneyland before you head back to Europe!

sorry but there´s no chance to stay longer , unfortunatly, but i think i will come back at anytime...

Well, OK. I'll just have to take pics and post them afterwards.
If you going to come back at another time and visit this part of the USA, I suggest you schedule it around either Mopars At The Strip (MATS) in Las Vegas or Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA, if you want to see a bunch of great Mopars. MATS also features some great drag racing.
Fall Fling this year is also the same weekend as the NHRA Reunion race in Bakersfield, CA. Some great nostalgia vehicles and nostalgia drags.
Sorry we can't get up to the Bay Area to meet you guys but a bit far to drive for lunch!

I met Tom in Germany in August when I was over there for the Formula Student Germany event. Tom arranged for me to travel to Herten, Germany from Frankfurt where I was with my raceteam to check out the German Mopar Nationals. Great experience.
Hoping to be able to meet up with him and his wife next weekend.
Tom, you've got my cell phone # and all the info for the Nascar race in Fontana in your pm box.

sounds like nice trip, unfortunately i´m not in this area at this time....:-D

have fun and let us germans join what you experienced there!

greets Michael

So, this past Tuesday I met up with Tom (DieWilde13) and his wife Tanja and we did a little San Francisco sightseeing. They are just a wonderful couple and I really enjoyed my visit with them. They took most of the pics that day (with many taken by me ... of them) but snapped a few quick shots with my iPhone. The first ones are from the Sausalito side of the Golden Gate Bridge looking back towards San Fancisco, the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, etc. The last two are from the back of Pier 39 (checking out our seal population there). Tom called earlier today on their way back from Washington/Oregon and were traveling through Monterey/San Luis Obispo. They will be heading to LA and then on to Las Vegas. They will be back in the SF Bay area next Thursday and we will be meeting up again so Tom can get all of the parts (for his Dart) that have been shipped to my place. ;) They depart on Friday (back home) as do I (for Fall Fling).

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

-
Back