Difference between SB 727 and BB 727

-
Different bolt pattern, mainly. The differences Internally are dictated by which engine the trans sit behind.

Yep. Pretty much just the case. Both big and small block 727s could have had a range of planetaries, clutches and various other internals depending on what their original application was.

I love looking at transmission part numbers. Everybody thinks a hemi Automatic is the most rare. Nope. A 727 Taxicab slant six transmission. next is a taxicab small block 727. beefier than a 340 app.according to the parts books.Lol

Watch for ones with the yellow paint daub on the front of the input shaft......it denotes the hardened input shaft as used in hemis and trucks....

I actually found a taxicab small block five years ago.. when I had my mopar trans guy look at it, he was thrilled. he hadn't seen one in a number of years. I put it behind my 340.

The reason i am asking. I am ready to rebuild my trans. All the parts are ready to go. I tore it down last night to find both clutch retainers pretty much smoked. The stator in the pump has really deep grooves too Idk how this thing was going down the road. Didnt feel that bad. A guy down the road might be picking up a 440 with a 727 on it this weekend. He said i could take whatever trans parts i need. Its a 440 and i have a 360

20170323_185059.jpg

20170323_192126.jpg

20170323_192139.jpg

-
Back