Different height passenger side engine brackets

-

Trogdoor

Reaction score
I am installing a 340 in 1968 Dart and I have 2 passenger side brackets to choose from. When looking at the side profile one of the brackets measures
1 1\2" from the flat base on the outside of the bracket to the center of the hole and about 2" overall height. The other bracket measures 1 3\16" from the flat base to the center of the hole and about 1 3\4" overall height. Any help on which is the proper one to use would be appreciated.

Still hoping for a reply from someone. If the initial thread is confusing I will ask in a different way. When the passenger side bracket without rubber is placed flat side down on a table, what is the height to the top of the bracket? Two
inches or 1 3\4. Thanks

I have some pics of mounts I took for reference for someone in the past.

Far left is a drivers side 273 - 318 , X block , Resto or R3. middle is drivers side 340 which will fit a 360 also. far right is a passenger side 273, 318, 340, 360, X block, Resto, R3.

I have some different mounts as you state but I never compared to see which is correct. What I can tell yo I just pulled a 71 340 and it has the same right mount as the 68 340 sitting here on the floor. The 71 motor had steel pads and sat level in the car. The motors I believe are sold but I can take a pic of that mount before it is paid for and picked up. Or I can compare one I have off that is the same and take a pic showing the measurements. Let me know if you still need to know. Steve

Attachments

• DSCF2924.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF2925.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF2926.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 149
Thanks for the pictures Oldmanmopar. Lets see if we can use yours for the question. Using the 3d picture ,the bracket in the back on the right hand side without the pad attatched, is laying on its flat surface. If I measure the height from the table to the top of the bracket right across the bolt hole I get 2 inches on one of the brackets. On the other I get close to 1 3\4. The bolt hole height also differs by 1\4 inch. Every other dimension on the two brackets is the same. Both will fit on the 340 and the k frame. I placed the motor and mounted the shortest one initially thinking it was the correct one. I then leveled the frame to the cement floor side to side and placed a level on the intake manifold with the carb off. The passenger side was low. I don't know if it is engineered to be low at rest because of lack of engine torque, or if the engine should be level. The taller bracket would bring it up closer to level. Just want to do it right since I have both size brackets.

The right side mount is the same for 273/318/340/360. The driver's side is different for 273/318 and 340/360.

Thats understood krazykuda. I am only dealing with the choice between two right side mounts I have, and which one is the correct one.

-
Back