Different TRW Power Steering Pumps

-

desmo900

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I have a TRW power steering pump like the one shown in the inserted picture above. I ordered a set of BB brackets from Classic Industries. Description as follows:

MD2196 - 1966-69 Mopar Big Block Trw Power Steering Brackets
Replacement for TRW power steering brackets for 1966-69 Big Block and Hemi engines. These are for non-A/C applications. To correctly use these brackets, the TRW pump must have a reservoir body to rear pulley face distance of 1-3/4".

My pump does not fit in these brackets. The bolt holes do not line up. Is there more than one TRW pump? Or did Classic send me the wrong or defective bracket?

Is federal and trw the same thing? That looks like what i call a federal pump.

There are two different federal pumps I know of. One is a .96 pump and i forget the other. I think I have one of each though. Ill see if I can tell a difference in the mounting points.

Edit,

Just looked in the fsm. The other pump is the 1.2 federal. The .96 will have a plain end on the driveshaft (in the center of the pulley) and the 1.06 will have a hex shaped hole in it.

Not sure if the brackets are different though. Hard to tell with the one pump on the car.

Best

Last edited:
Is federal and trw the same thing? That looks like what i call a federal pump.

There are two different federal pumps I know of. One is a .96 pump and i forget the other. I think I have one of each though. Ill see if I can tell a difference in the mounting points.
Agree on the Federal pump

I do not believe their is more than one TRW/Thompson power steering pump (as far as bolt holes goes). I think the aftermarket bracket is crap. It the Hoffman Winners Circle unit that everyone sells. I purchased a used oem one on ebay. We'll see if it fits when it arrives.

I do not believe their is more than one TRW/Thompson power steering pump (as far as bolt holes goes). I think the aftermarket bracket is crap. It the Hoffman Winners Circle unit that everyone sells. I purchased a used oem one on ebay. We'll see if it fits when it arrives.
I found that you can rotate housing and there are two mounting tapped holes. One for small block and one for big block. You may just need to rotate to get your bracket to fit. It sounds odd but worked on the pump I just got (Federal)
Bryan

-
Back