Diplomat rear sway bar

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to put a Diplomat sway bar on my 71 Swinger. I've seen different ways to install them Mount the bar to the rear end the ends to the chassis. Mount the ends to the rear the bar to the chassis . In front or behind the rear and over or under he rear. this will be in a driver, maybe 400 hp 360 3spd auto. I want it to corner well any suggestions Thanks Jim

Here is a link to get you started. Please go to the magazine article that is referenced and have a go at it!
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=154994&highlight=rear+sway+bar
To follow the above thread to conclusion, I don't really have a comparison to go from. My Duster was a basket case when I purchased it, I haven't driven any other Dusters/A Bodies for me to get a baseline comparison to. I will say this, with the cop car steering box on it, the extra leaf spring and the rear sway bar - a touch of the steering wheel and you are moving in that direction. If you do this mod you should be able to report back what the difference is. One other thing, it is a cheap mod, if you don't like it, you can take it back off without any big loss of money!
C

-
Back