Dipstick discrepencies?

-

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
I finally got the remaining piece of the previous owners dipstick out of my short block today. When I went to put the new MP dipstick in though, I found it would hit the mechanical fuel pump. It's a magnum block, so does that mean I need a curved dipstick tube? Thanks

You'll need to remove the fuel pump and drive the new tube into the block until it hits the ring on the tube. Then you can bend the tube away from the fuel pump area, usually straight back.
Here's a tip, put something between the tube and the block right at the base of the tube before you bend it, like a 3/8" bolt or similar. You can just go ahead and bend it without the bolt but the tube can sometimes break of right at the bottom of the tube level with the block and you are back where you started.
This all probably sounds pretty complicated but I've found out this is the best way from trial and error. Good luck. Someone else may have some other ideas.

Here's a tip, put something between the tube and the block right at the base of the tube before you bend it, like a 3/8" bolt or similar.

I wedged a socket down there to bend mine and that seemed to work really good.

-
Back