Dipstick recommendation 225/6 '72 Dart Custom

-

72dartnotus

Reaction score
My '72 Dart with 225 is out of the U.S., and I noticed when the car came back from the mechanic (maybe 3 weeks later was the first time I checked the oil), that my dipstick ends with the words "DO NOT OVERFILL." In other words, the second "L" in OVERFILL is where my dipstick ends. I guess it got broken off and the end is laying somewhere in the oil pan. I need a new dipstick. There are various ones on eBay. Can someone tell me whether all of the ones in the link below will work, or which one will among them? I just need to order the RIGHT one and bring it back with me when I'll be in the U.S. It's an extreme bummer to bring back the wrong parts.

Or alternatively, if I just fill up to the last trailing L is that dangerously overfilled, or maybe it's pretty much fine? I have no recollection of where the fill marks were before the dipstick end broke off and so when I added 5 quarts I still couldn't get it to reach the "L" but the engine seemed very happy and had been occasionally been making some noises when the oil level was (perhaps dangerously) low.

Here are the 30 dipsticks that show up on eBay when you search for 1972 Dodge Dart Dipstick:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...pstick&_nkw=1972+dodge+dart+dipstick&_sacat=0

If you like, I have a dipstick that is currently keeping dirt out of a 1971 slant that I am going to tear down and rebuild over the winter. If it will be 2 or 3 weeks before you need it, I will be happy to pull it out and send it to you. Your eBay search turned up lots of dipsticks for V8s, but alas, no slants...

If you like, I have a dipstick that is currently keeping dirt out of a 1971 slant that I am going to tear down and rebuild over the winter. If it will be 2 or 3 weeks before you need it, I will be happy to pull it out and send it to you. Your eBay search turned up lots of dipsticks for V8s, but alas, no slants...

That would be great, and receiving it actually in 2 weeks would work but not 3 and not sure if you know your timing exactly and wouldn't expect you to work around a guy who needs the dipstick, haha. ;-)

If you are sending from the UK to Israel, then I don't have a time restriction, but I don't know how much Royal Post would cost me...maybe a lot?

If the timing doesn't work, do you know if any slant 6 year and engine size would work? For example, one of these 2 (searched for slant 6 dipstick this time) is from the 60's and the other is from a 3.7 liter truck:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ant+6+dipstick&_nkw=slant+6+dipstick&_sacat=0

I'm not in the UK. I use the Scottish flag since my ancestor came to the colonies in 1707 from Perth, Scotland. 3 November is the magic day for me since that is payday and I will have money to send things away. To answer your question. You can use a dipstick from any year if you also get the dipstick tube with it. To use the tube that is currently in the car, you will need a dipstick from a '70-'72 car. I used that year range for the dipstick to be on the safe side and other years may work, but if you get the tube with the dipstick, no worries..As far as working around your schedule, no biggie. I am retired on Social Insecurity Disability and to quote Jackson Browne "got nothing but time". Helping fellow human beings solve problems is how I justify my sometimes miserable existence (arthritis of the spine so bad the stenosis is causing me to slowly go numb). I can send this dipstick any where you want on the 3rd, all I need to know is do you want it and where do you want it to go???

-
Back