Direct Connection "Kit Car" ducktail spoiler

-

mcm95403

Reaction score
Anyone know if these are being made these days? I once bought one from some fiberglass place in Michigan (I think - it was a good 25 years ago) and all I got was what I'd call the "outer shell". There was nothing inside to mount it to the trunk lid.

For those who don't remember this, it looks a lot like the F-body rear spoiler but it had a row of indented flat spots at the rear lower edge to screw it down to the trunk lid.

EDIT: Found a pic on the interwebs:

23550830002_large.jpg

Thats not for the "Kit Cars", Its just a ducktail that Direct Connection sold for the '70-'76 Duster/Demon/Dart Sports. No one reproduces them, MAS Racing used to do a exact copy.

Hi there guys, just signed up and just acquired my second mopar a 73 duster.
It has this spoiler but its broken.
i need the same as the holes are there already.
Please tell me where i can get another. someone must have been pushing the car and broken it.
I guess i'll paint it flat black like an accessory at least until i get the car painted.
any clue to how to get the exact one again must appreciated,
thanks in advance

Hi there guys, just signed up and just acquired my second mopar a 73 duster.
It has this spoiler but its broken.
i need the same as the holes are there already.
Please tell me where i can get another. someone must have been pushing the car and broken it.
I guess i'll paint it flat black like an accessory at least until i get the car painted.
any clue to how to get the exact one again must appreciated,
thanks in advance
You just have to keep searching for one. They come up for sell at times. Have you tried to repair it?

Its pretty badly damaged (cracked down the middle) plus a bunch of the hole surrounds are ruined as well.
wish i knew who had them new

Dear MCM95403,

I have a few of both the front and rear spoilers new in the boxes. I have them for the Demon and they were a DCC item so I will try to get you the part number to google as some dealerships still have them in old (very old) inventory. I also will be willing to note that they are not easy repairable - at all. They are not fiberglass but some poly plastic that does not like plastic filler, melting or glue. The units with out the mounting bosses are aftermarket and so are the fiberglass versions typically. But when on the car, they look awesome. (please note that the front spoiler I've yet to find one that actually fits properly. The Demon and Dart have the sheet metal valence to bolt it to, but it has a slight "V" in the middle that does not go around anything like the "V" in the rear for going over the trunk lid with the body line running down the center. )

Anyhow, I can send pictures or measurements if that helps.
Joe

-
Back