Directional Flasher

-
three pink wires go to
One of those " pink" wires should be red.

If that is near the steering column and fuse box then yes. Rock the assy a little to get it out of the holder.

BUT you have not answered some of the previous questions:

Something you can do at this moment is with the key in the run position, headlights off, brake not applied, turn the TS switch to one side. If the brake light on the side you turned the switch to lights then that is a clue. Check the front turn signal on the same side also. Repeat for the other direction

Then report back

LED brake and front turn signal lights will cause some flasher units to not function correctly.

There are many reasons why the TS are not working.

you need to get a wiring diagram as mentioned earlier.

Something you can do at this moment is with the key in the run position, headlights off, brake not applied, turn the TS switch to one side. If the brake light on the side you turned the switch to lights then that is a clue. Check the front turn signal on the same side also. Repeat for the other direction

Then report back
With the key on and TS on nothing lights up on either side.

Emergency flasher now works. I pulled it out from it's holder and tried one I had in my toolbox from 30 years ago and voila! I had a hard time locating it because I was under the assumption it was round when in fact it was square. Now on to the directionals.

IMG_0587.jpg

With the key on and TS on nothing lights up on either side
Glad you got flashers to work.

Easiest thing to try is replace turn signal flasher unit. Fairly cheap even NOS

Someone pointed out you can test if it has low numerical resistance when removed from the car. If it has high numerical resistance it might be bad

Glad you got flashers to work.

Easiest thing to try is replace turn signal flasher unit. Fairly cheap even NOS

Someone pointed out you can test if it has low numerical resistance when removed from the car. If it has high numerical resistance it might be bad
Thank you. I have another spare flasher in my toolbox so that will be the next step with the directionals. It would seem the easiest way to get at it would be after removing the glove box which looks simple enough.

I'm going to replace the T/S flasher next now that I have some time. It would seem because of my A/C vents it will be easier to remove the glove box and get at the flasher from the side. How many of the screws have to come out to remove the glove box? I see two on top, two on bottom, and two on the side. Do all six need removal for the glove box to come out?

IMG_0608.jpg

That cardboard glove box doesn't move very far after the 6 screws are removed. It might go back far enough the get a arm in there. Old originals are brittle and break up easily. Good luck

WHATEVER YOU DO... do not bend it at the bend lines. as stated above if you must, remove the screws and GENTLY push it back to gain access. ( I learned that the hard way)

Made some progress today on the directionals even though they still don't work. I was able to remove the 6 screws in the glovebox and move the cardboard back just enough to see the flasher just to the left hanging there. I couldn't get my hand through but all I needed were three fingers to grab the flasher. I replaced the flasher with a known good flasher and still no directionals. Time to move on to the T/S switch.

You probably already have closed up, or maybe can not get in there, but there is a holder for the flasher so that it doesn't just hang there and bang around.
Question for the Electrically unchallenged guys, can he unplug the harness from the column and with a jumper go around the contacts and get the signals to operate?
With the ign switch on?

You probably already have closed up, or maybe can not get in there, but there is a holder for the flasher so that it doesn't just hang there and bang around.
If I could have gotten my hand in there I would have put it back in the holder. I couldn't even see the holder though since the opening was maybe 2".

-
Back