Dirt bike question for ya

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
When I fill my radiator with antifreeze, should it run out the gearbox drain plug?

yeah...didnt think so...

this ruins my day

Duh-OOOOOO!!!!! OUCH! OK, that makes a top ten , "THIS SUCKS!" list~!

its a cr500 two stroke. the waterpump seal is most likely shot, but it has horrible compression too so i would imagine the head gasket it out too. i just purchased a complete gasket set so we'll see how long before i can get it up and running... as for my mopar, i would rather it be the duster. it died on me today and won't start. this is the first time i started it since fall though so i would imagine it could just be bad gas or something.... i would like to see that slant six blow. just another reason to hurry up and get the 360 in

Good thing it is a two stroke. If it was a four stroke you would be hateing life about now. You can rebuild the whole top end on that bike at a very resonable price compared to a four stroke.

More than likely, all thats wrong is a bad pump seal, shouldn't take but a few minutes to change.

Those bikes have a habit of the coolant corroding right through the pump side wall, seal could be finebut you may need a replacement case. This problem has been the undoing of many water cooled MX Honda's. Keep your fingers crossed, if you are lucky it is only a seal. Let us know what you find, Jack

-
Back