Dis is My Ride!!!

-

PFogel

Reaction score
71 demon pro streeter

lilside.JPG

Very nice! Got any more pics? Mabby of the interior and motor. I am just getting started on my 72 Demon BB drag car build and am looking for ideas and isperation. Very cool car.

I really appreciate the comments, fellow FABO guys!
My friend, WAGGIN', and I posted about 12 pictures yesterday and I don't know why they are not coming up. If I go to the "user cp", it's all there. Anyway here are some facts:
My wife and I built this car over a period of 6-1/2 years on a carport and in a driveway. Man, I wish we had a garage. It was painted white radiance pearl and candy winefire with artwork and gold leaf in the driveway. It is a full tube chassis car, 4-link, Dana 60 4.10, coil overs, fiberglass hood, trunk, doors, bumpers, fenders and front valance. The interior is aluminum with strategic use of maroon marine carpeting. The front suspension is Mustang II with tubular control arms. I made the 2-1/8 headers that exit 3" exhausts. It has 4-corner disc brakes. Rear tires are MT 33x15. The engine is a '66 stock short block with premium upgrades like the timing set, custom Comp Cams solid, big pushrods, Harland Sharp rockers, Eddy heads, RPM intake and one of my custom built 750 Holley carbs. The trans is an 18-spline Hemi 4-spd in an aluminum A-body case with Hurst Super Shifter. I've always been a pedal car man!
We will take it to the strip some day but that was not the main purpose of the build....it was to drive and enjoy it and not have it eat us out of house and home. With the cam's generous overlap, cylinder pressure is not excessive and with proper timing, it runs just great on 87-octane and the last trip netted 16.6 mpg!! It has a 22-gal fuel cell and twin Optima batteries.
Our engine for the track is a serious 406" lowdeck with forged flat tops, Eagle 4340 H-beam rods and crank, 650 lift roller, CNC ported Edelbrock aluminum heads, Harland Sharps, etc. It is an 8,500 rpm setup. We have 15x33 Goodyears on Centerlines and a spool set up with 5.57 gears. When we go to the track, it will go as a race car. It will probably get a lot of air!
We will try to get all the pictures together for you.
The car was built as a tribute to some of my old friends from the early days of Pro Stock: Ronnie Sox, Billy the Kid Stepp, Ried Whisnant, Butch Leal and Dick Landy. I miss them very much; we had great times.
Look closely at the photo...who out there is sharp enough to detect something trick that I have not mentioned???? See if you can find it!
God bless all you guys.
Pat

-
Back