disc brake/ 14 inch wheel combo possible ???

-

THEJROBERTS27

Reaction score
Hi guys, im a newbie so please don't yell !!! I would like to keep my 14 inch wheels, Is it possible to convert to disc brakes up front and keep it small bolt pattern with 14 inch wheels ? if so does anyone have a part list ?

Some 14 inch rims fit and some don't. I used the original spare wheel that came on the car (71 Demon) and it cleared. I found a 14 wheel from a 65 barracuda and it rubbed and both wheels had the pentastar logo on them If you have 14inch ralley wheels they will fit no problem. I used SSBC kit a153 on the demon and that kit has the 4 and the 4.5 bolt pattern on them.
The car brakes awesome, and the kit is complete, from mater cyl to proportioning valve.
Note: you must have 10" drum spindles for this kit.

Attachments

• brakes1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 385
I used M body 5th Ave disks and 14" rallye wheels, 14" chrome "Magnums", and 1966 14x5 steelies all clear.

Some 14 inch rims fit and some don't. .

This pretty much says it all. The fronts on my 67 were a vintage pair of ET spoke mags, and I actually ground an tiny bit off the tops of the calipers. They barely "almost hit" Depends on the wheels and offset.

I went the Scarebird way and my Rally wheels fit as well as a set of Cragars I got too. On my '67 Barracuda SBP 14"
Best upgrade ever.

-
Back