disc brake question

-

devildart

Reaction score
Okay here goes; I have a 69 dart that I am changing from sbp drum to lbp disc. I recently purchased the 73-76 parts needed to do the swap, upper control arms, spindle, bracket and the misc odds and ends. After doing the research, I am going with the wilwood kit. Now my question, the cost is the same for a kit that bolts on to my new stuff and a kit that bolts on to my existing drum brake spindles. So should I get the kit for the drum spindles and sell the conversion parts, or get the kit for 73-76 and use the later spindle and control arm. While i'm not rich, cost is not a factor in this decision and I will be getting a front suspension rebuild kit. Are the later model parts stronger? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I say bolt on the 73+ spindle and control arms, and order the kit for that. The reason for this is the big ball joint setup (from the 73+ control arms) and a better geometry setup. Either that or just order some after market arms from feel firm, RMS, etc...

Great, I had a feeling the later model stuff was better and now I know why. That's the way I'm going. Thanks for the help.

-
Back