Disc brake upgrade

-

eestatic

Reaction score
Whats the consensus on using a 13/16" bore master cylinder on a manual disc/drum set up w/2.75" calipers & 8 1/4 shoes on back in '65 barracuda?

Also when refreshing the spindles off of the '74 Dart donar car, what is the function of the foam? gasket between the dust shield & knuckle?

Thanks FABO!

13/16 would be too small IMO. 15/16 is good if you can find one. 2.75 caliper is correct for a disc brake 74 dart. brake shoes for an 8 1/4 should be 10 x 2 1/2 inch drums. Not sure about the gaskets purpose.

15/16" is the way to go for the master cylinder, that's what I run on my manual disk duster and challenger.

Foam seal is a dust seal between the spindle and the dust shield. It would work great except the dust shield itself is totally useless.

They used that foam in a lot of places where the 2 mating surfaces weren't thick and/or milled flat. Basically just fills small voids of wavy sheet metal and such. See master cylinder to firewall, rear bumper mounts to valance panel, etc...

only one way to find out....probably be like power brakes with a bit of extra pedal travel.
try it and let us know.

I'm using a 1 1/32 stock non power disc MC from a 73 Dart. Haven't driven it much yet, but seems great just movin the car around here..

I was wondering the same. My 75 already has the discs up front and ill be upgrading to discs in the rear as well when I swap to the 8 1/4 rear. The rears come with new lines and all. so the 7/8 kit from willwood would be best bet to run on my setup as well?

-
Back