Disc Brakes for 68 Plymouth Barracuda's

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please verify if disc brakes were ever available as an original factory option on Plymouth Barracuda's in 1968, maybe on the formula S package, or was power drum brakes all the way around about it.

Disc brakes were optional from 66 up for sure, maybe 65. They were Kelsey Hays untill 1973 when they changed to the big bolt pattern.

Yes, as 66fs stated, optional equipment from 1965 to 1972.
Here's what everything looks like.

Thanks for the response guys, hemi71x if you are flying Phantoms for a living there will be no car that can compete with that kind of need for speed.

JTG
I am a former USAF enlisted man, that was an aircraft mechanic (crew chief) working on the RF-4C Phantoms during my Air Force days in the 1970's. That's the Phantom that i was the crew chief on during my assignment in Germany.
I no longer have any Mopar cars in my life, just tons of parts, and i put that picture in when i was learning how to downsize pictures, and then crop them to fit, on the internet sites that i frequent.

the ones exported to england had them as standard I am converting mine to big bolt pattern

It is in the resto book for my car , they also put on heavy duty suspension parts I have the hemi type springs on the rear and uprated front torsion bars , it handles like a sports car , and it is right hand drive they brought in about 650 to england in 67/68 not many left over here as the rust has got most of them !! I am only the 3rd owner

It is in the resto book for my car , they also put on heavy duty suspension parts I have the hemi type springs on the rear and uprated front torsion bars , it handles like a sports car , and it is right hand drive they brought in about 650 to england in 67/68 not many left over here as the rust has got most of them !! I am only the 3rd owner

In what restoration book might that be? I would like to read up on that if i could.
A lot of those "authors" of those type of books don't have a clue what they are writing about.
Guess i would like to find out more about that myself, if it's indeed factual.

-
Back