disc brakes on a duster

-
got my brakes all together. went to bleed them and had no pedal after i got all the air out. i bled at the master cylinder and at the wheels. so i went and got a different master cylinder. i originally had a manual drum mas cyl on my 72 duster. so i went and got a manual mas cyl for disc from a 73 duster. it helped alittle. but ive bled at the mas cyl and at the wheels and there is still not much of a pedal. it takes several pumps to get a good pedal. i know that there is a possibility that air is trapped in there but i was wondering if my brake pushrod is the wrong length. the pedal goes most of the way down before it has any resistence. any ideas?

thanks.

got my brakes all together. went to bleed them and had no pedal after i got all the air out. i bled at the master cylinder and at the wheels. so i went and got a different master cylinder. i originally had a manual drum mas cyl on my 72 duster. so i went and got a manual mas cyl for disc from a 73 duster. it helped alittle. but ive bled at the mas cyl and at the wheels and there is still not much of a pedal. it takes several pumps to get a good pedal. i know that there is a possibility that air is trapped in there but i was wondering if my brake pushrod is the wrong length. the pedal goes most of the way down before it has any resistence. any ideas?

thanks.

Did you properly BENCH-BLEED the master cylinder, OFF THE CAR, BEFORE you installed on the firewall?

Complete BENCH-BLEEDING of the new master cylinder is required.

yes, i properly bench bled the master cylinder before putting it on the car. then i bled it at the master cyl, then at the wheels several times. i still think there is sir in them. im going to try to gravity bleed them for a while and see if that gets any trapped air out. i checked my rear brakes and they are properly adjusted so it almost has to be air in the front lines.

-
Back