Disc swap Early A

-

JoseyWales

Reaction score
I am planning a disc from drum swap for my 65 Dart. What 73-76 parts other than the upper control arms, upper and lower ball joints, spindles, master and prop valve, caliper brackets, and rotors and calipers will be needed? Someone told me that I would have to change the master pushrod, is this correct? Thanks in advance for any help.

I would suggest to go with a dual reservoir master from a later setup. The single pot masters aren't up to the requirements of the setup. The same rod can be used as what you have already.

you seem like you got it all. yeah, the push rod is the same length for all a bodies, drum or disc.

The brake hoses for a 73-76 will be needed, and I had to make up new lines on my car 'cause the old ones were rusted. I also took the lines from a donor car that go into the master cyl, the lines are 3/16 but they use a larger nut going into the master.

Awhile back I upgraded to dual master and replaced all the front brake hard lines. I wish I would have just done the swap then. OH Well! I just wanted to make sure I had the correct parts. I am going to go ahead and rebuild the front end while I am in there and use the poly super kit from PST. Thanks

-
Back