Disconnect sway bar question

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
When measuring then setting ride height, I understand about loosening the pivot nuts, but what about disconnecting the front sway bay?

And then on the actual alignment, should the front sway bar be loose or attached?
Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the alignment with the sway bar attached. By all means loosen the links if you like.
A fresh rebuild ? I do like to set everything with the tires on the ground for the first time.
Sounds like this is a complete redo of the front suspension and all is for the first time.
I think you will be fine.

Proper procedure for setting ride height includes completely undoing ONE end link. If you don't release a sway bar end, the sway bar will fight your adjustments — when you crank the adjuster on one side it will try to keep the car level, so you can't really measure the change.

It's exactly what the sway bar does in action — it transfers suspension movement from the loaded side to the opposite side. You have to break the connection between the two sides in order for the adjustment to take effect. With only one link attached, the sway bar just pivots in its bushing as the control arm goes up and down, and has no effect.

-
Back