Discovery

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since I picked up the car I never really paid attention to the engine. However, last night I did some reading on the S/6 forum. Found that they made 225 aluminum blocks starting in the middle of 61. They way you tell is that there is the word "Special" stamped in the head along the valve cover. so, out of curiosity I went out and checked my motor. Sure enough, there's a stamping of "Special" in the head. Guess my new ride has the aluminum 225 after all.

Attachments

• Lancer 2 (2).JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 279
It might not have the aluminum block though. Put a magnet on it to be sure. Those factory aluminum blocks weren't very good for anything. They had corrosion problems and head gaskets leaks from the beginning. They're too weak for high horsepower as the block would flex too much. They're fine for a mild street engine and as a conversation piece at a show or cruise night if you keep good coolant in it and have a top quality head gasket but otherwise, I'd rather have an iron block.

It might not have the aluminum block though. Put a magnet on it to be sure. Those factory aluminum blocks weren't very good for anything. They had corrosion problems and head gaskets leaks from the beginning. They're too weak for high horsepower as the block would flex too much. They're fine for a mild street engine and as a conversation piece at a show or cruise night if you keep good coolant in it and have a top quality head gasket but otherwise, I'd rather have an iron block.

It's aluminum. Only thing I'm going to do is intake and exhaust with a electronic ignition.

The more I see these Old Wagons, the more I like them !!! Soooo much character in the body lines !!!!:prayer::prayer::prayer:

Took some time today to pressure wash the engine compartment, remove the cheesy gauges, remove the dry rotted speaker grill (that's where the SW gauges will go. Thursday and Friday evening I POR 15'd the floors. The seats are getting new covers. The red is going away. This winter the body will get some work and I'll spray on some of the hot rod primer sealer. I'm going with light blue with the white top. Maybe red wheels.

What's wrong with the Red ?? Ever check out the Inferno Red on the '06 Ram SRT10's ?? Gorgeous it is !!!

-
Back