disk brake conversion questions

-

Chris-B

Reaction score
My 72 dart allready has disk brakes and Im converting to big pattern disk from a 75 dart sport what do I have to change? Thanks

Replace the disc and caliper brackets and the hoses if they are not the same.Measure the disc diameter to be sure they same and check for bearing correctness,mrmopartech

Not sure about this but weren't the upper control arms different from 72 to 73 with the 73 and later having a larger ball joint and larger spindles. This is what I got into when converting from the 4" to 41/2" bolt pattern on my 72 demon. I guess if you already have the 41/2" bolt pattern it would mean they have already been changed. Just a thought.

Upper control arms, hoses, spindles (and all that attaches to the spindle), lower ball joints.

the best kit i have found is master power man that kit comes with every thing you could possibly need

just like jim said uca(73-76 has bigger one), spindle, caliper, caliper bracket, rotor, lower bj. for aftermarket kits, i like SSBC, their rotors come with either bolt pattern and 4 piston calipers, cast iron or aluminum.

-
Back