Distributor Question

-

NiceFishEh

Reaction score
Just purchased a custom set of 8.5 MSD plug wires with the straight boots for the 340.

No.7 wire is stretched across the engine and has very little slack in it, because it connects to the cap on the far side, ( passenger side).

My No.1 wire is at the back of the cap against the fire wall. All the wires would fit better if the No.1 wire was located at the front of the cap, then do the sequence.

If I rotate the dist and the No.1 cap wire to the front, (both 180 degrees), nothing changes, right?

Thanks

My No.1 wire is at the back of the cap against the fire wall.

#1 is usually towards the front of the engine.

yes you should be able to rotate 180* and redo the order and be ok. make sure the drive gear is in the proper way.

i had the same problem so i had pull out the distributor drive and move it a few teeth(not to sure how many)so #1 was in a different location.still have a few snug wires but its okay.if there not origonal valve covers they be taller,that'ss my problem.

on a small block the slot in the dist drive gear should point to the left front intake bolt with #1 cyl at TDC

As Joe mentioned, pull the distributor, turn the rotor 180* and re-wire it with #1 180* from the old spot. Might help with wire length issues.

Pull you dist. out,spin 180 and drop back in.Then re-do your plug wires to there correct location.#1 is front d.side.

-
Back