DIY...homemade upper A-arm bushing extractor/installer

-
I use a press for the pivot pins and use this tap for the shells. Thread the tap into the shell and use my press to push it out. Super easy…
View attachment 1715951200

I would skip the Mancini suspension tools kit. The home made puller works awesome for the uppers. And a press and a tap work MUCH better for the lowers. And the torsion bar tool is useless.
I lay on the ground and use my feet to shove the whole Lca rearward, taking the arms with it

For the lower bushing shells, a Lil slice longways and the air chisel is about the only way I know.. I've read a few others, but cain't remember.. CRS syndrome

For the LCA bushing shell I tack weld a washer to it and then press it out on the press. Very simple, takes a few minutes. I just did a pair yesterday as a matter of fact.

What's your parts list, sizes and such?
I could go to the hardware store and spend $50.00 to make that lol
I went to a metal shop, and had some DOM tubing cut, and a Specially Fastner warehouse for the washers and the bolt. If you want I can walk in the other room and measure all that crap up for you real quick

I went to a metal shop, and had some DOM tubing cut, and a Specially Fastner warehouse for the washers and the bolt. If you want I can walk in the other room and measure all that crap up for you real quick
Thank you, If you feel like it, no rush.

I'm just sitting here w/ covid... lol. Lemme grab a tape
**** I had a 104.6 temp last night from covid and woke up today to a man from the county telling me my mom was found dead this morning at her work Today has been a duesy

1/2" x 6" grd 8 bolt.w nut
2- THICK g8 1/2" washer
2- 3/4 i.d. by 2" OD g8 washer
1 3/4" I.d. x 1 3/4 long pipe. Steel
1 3/8" id x 1.5 " long.
^And got a 5" piece also.^ I pulled the cam adjuster bolts out spun the arm around took my 20 volt impact to it zipped them things out, and new in, in no time!

**** I had a 104.6 temp last night from covid and woke up today to a man from the county telling me my mom was found dead this morning at her work Today has been a duesy
Oh Wow! PRAYERS DUDE! My Sincere Sympathy for the loss of Your Mom! What the heck happened? man you should probably be sucking down some, air rescue, hanging out with a cold rag on the forehead, and popping ibuprofen.. 104.7... That's like Hospital Bad...

Sorry bout your Mom and God bless...

Oh Wow! PRAYERS DUDE! My Sincere Sympathy for the loss of Your Mom! What the heck happened? man you should probably be sucking down some, air rescue, hanging out with a cold rag on the forehead, and popping ibuprofen.. 104.7... That's like Hospital Bad...
She was very healthy and was getting off work and I guess she had just collapsed when she was closing blinds she was 61 and just the most kind person I've ever known.
Luckily my temp went down about 4 hours ago.
I was shivering so hard it made me vomit last night.

I believe that was a sign that something was going to happen to her...you felt it

Be strong if I can help you with anything you let me know

She was very healthy and was getting off work and I guess she had just collapsed when she was closing blinds she was 61 and just the most kind person I've ever known.
Luckily my temp went down about 4 hours ago.
I was shivering so hard it made me vomit last night.
That's way too young man.. my Dad had a massive heart attack when I was 12, I was told it was hereditary, I have the enlarged heart part. That's why I lived like I did. Figured I'd be dead anyways.. Mom passed in my mid 20s...Brother I Feel For Ya Man...

That's way too young man.. my Dad had a massive heart attack when I was 12, I was told it was hereditary, I have the enlarged heart part. That's why I lived like I did. Figured I'd be dead anyways.. Mom passed in my mid 20s...Brother I Feel For Ya Man...
Damn, I'm sorry you lost your parents so young.
I'm not sure I'd have wanted to live if I lost my parents so young. Thank you bro for your kindness

-
Back